PDA

View Full Version : Torn rotator cuff???

Disney4us2
02-28-2019, 03:56 PM
About 3 weeks ago I was taking Copper out. He saw the car next door and jerked his leash and my arm. It's been painful ever since. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and had a shoulder X-ray done. I'm scheduled for physical therapy. I really think the X-ray wasn't needed as it won't show muscle. I was put on steroids which I need to take with Protonix to protect my sleeve. Because of WLS I don't take nsaids for pain relief and to reduce swelling. At this point I'm ready for an mri, even though for me it means general anesthesia. Tired of being in pain.

Anyone have or had a torn rotator cuff? What was your treatment?

cspenc28
03-01-2019, 12:45 PM
About 3 weeks ago I was taking Copper out. He saw the car next door and jerked his leash and my arm. It's been painful ever since. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and had a shoulder X-ray done. I'm scheduled for physical therapy. I really think the X-ray wasn't needed as it won't show muscle. I was put on steroids which I need to take with Protonix to protect my sleeve. Because of WLS I don't take nsaids for pain relief and to reduce swelling. At this point I'm ready for an mri, even though for me it means general anesthesia. Tired of being in pain.

Anyone have or had a torn rotator cuff? What was your treatment?

Honestly, surgery. My mom has torn both shoulders (at different times). She tried PT, cortisone shots, etc, nothing helped. She had to have surgery on both shoulders.