PDA

View Full Version : Beaches & Cream

motherhamv
02-12-2019, 09:19 PM
:party: Haven't been here yet, but the reviews are great. It will fit in perfect with our itinerary, except I am not sure if it's better to go for lunch or dinner. We have never been to the Boardwalk at night, so I don't know what we could expect. The youngest in the group will be 12. Is the Boardwalk a fun place at night for her age group, or is it less crowded to go for lunch?

tron1970
02-12-2019, 10:18 PM
It is a great place to eat but large groups seat at different tables most of the time.
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort is closing in August for several months of refurbishment.
The popular old-fashioned soda fountain is well-known at Walt Disney World for its Kitchen Sink Sundae, which is eight scoops of ice cream covered in every topping available. The shop also serves a variety of tasty milkshakes and boozy floats for adults, plus a food menu with burgers, grilled cheese, and more. However, guests visiting in late summer and early fall this year will have to look elsewhere for their ice cream fix. According to Disney Guest Services, Beaches & Cream will be closed from August – December 2019 for refurbishments. Currently, the last date available for advanced dining reservations at Beaches & Cream is Saturday, August 3.
https://i1.wp.com/insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-04-at-2.57.34-PM.png?resize=550%2C310&ssl=1 (https://i1.wp.com/insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-04-at-2.57.34-PM.png?ssl=1)

Zippy 1
02-12-2019, 11:51 PM
It is a great place. It has the same menu for lunch and dinner. So timing is all your preference. It is a very hard reservation to get. As stated above it is closing for refurb.

mydisneygirls
02-19-2019, 09:59 AM
I will be in the minority here, but this is my opinion. It only took 20 years, but we went there for the first time last year. I'm so happy we waited 20 years!!!! We got the way overpriced burgers (which were nothing more than a frozen patty that you buy in a box) and we got about 10 french fries. We were very disappointed and I think this is a very overrated place. I will say that the ice cream was delicious and that's the only thing we'd go back for. The burgers are better at any other counter service restaurant on property.

faline
02-19-2019, 01:14 PM
When are you going? I understand this location will be shutting down some time this summer for a refurbishment.

ThanxForNoticin
02-20-2019, 12:39 PM
For us it's not a must-do, but is an occasional fun-to-do. We've had mixed results with the food, but will usually go for an app or small entree, and then hit the ice cream for dessert! They absolutely will benefit from an expansion. It's always been small and tight.