PDA

View Full Version : Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” Comes to Epcot's Mexico pavilion Beginig March 6, 2019

Figment!
02-07-2019, 07:51 PM
A Musical Celebration of 'Coco' {or a show very similar} from Disney California Adventure is heading to Epcot:

... starting March 6, the tender story and vibrant music of Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” comes to the Mexico pavilion, courtesy of the incomparable Mariachi Cobre.

The immensely talented musicians of Mariachi Cobre are joined by a pair of Folklórico dancers to tell the tale of Miguel Rivera, his love of music, and his journey to find what matters most – his familia. The dancers perform to the music of the film, pulling everyone into the celebration, and Miguel himself appears in the form of a whimsical, hand-crafted puppet.

This new “Coco”-inspired show expands the repertoire of Mariachi Cobre, who will also continue enchanting guests at the Mexico pavilion with performances of traditional mariachi music.

The below is a publicity picture from the show at Disney California Adventure during the Fall of 2018:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2019, 11:27 AM
This sounds like it will be a cute show! I finally saw Coco a bit ago, and it was quite good.

baldburke
02-08-2019, 01:04 PM
This sounds like it will be a cute show! I finally saw Coco a bit ago, and it was quite good.

Highlighting "quite good" here. It was awesome! Last year was a sequel and this year will be interesting with the fourth installment of Toy Story. The Pixar team has done a really awesome job with their recent "original" story telling (non-sequel) between Coco and Inside Out...two really amazing movies.

1000th_Ghost
02-13-2019, 08:29 AM
This is exciting news. We're heading there soon and will be able to squeeze this in right before we leave on the 7th.

Simba Cub
02-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Nice! In time for my trip :) I really liked Coco!

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2019, 06:04 PM
I'll check this out in May... Just wish they gave the green light to the attraction in Mexico....