PDA

View Full Version : Disney After Hours

chefmickey3
01-13-2019, 09:41 PM
Has anyone tried the Disney After Hours events in any of the parks? We are planning a trip Presidents' Day weekend and thought it would be a good value given how crowded the parks will be. Thanks for any feedback.

DizneyFreak2002
01-13-2019, 10:26 PM
I have never tried it, I don't find value in the price...

deedee73
01-13-2019, 10:43 PM
We did After Hours last year in MK. It was awesome. Still a good amount of people but nothing like during the day. It was a blast and we would do it again in a heartbeat. The longest line - Peter Pan. We managed to ride Seven Dwarfs 4x and 2x after the park actually closed. There were still photographers out and about even after the park was closed and we were leaving. It made for excellent riding and many memories. I also have never eaten or partially eaten so many Mickey oce cream bars in such a short time. I say go for it - you will be happy you did. If you have any specific questions - ask away or message me and I will get back to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Figment!
01-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Cindy spoke highly of it on one of our Podcasts.

It may not be the right option for everyone, but if you are looking for a way to avoid crowds it seems like a good (although pricey) option.

1DisneyNut
01-14-2019, 04:18 PM
I haven't tried it yet and have been watching for comments on how long the wait times have been. If they wait times are 30 minutes and below, I may be in but if you get up into above 45 minutes, I am out.

I have been considering doing one of these one night while we are down for a Universal trip. Maybe go to Universal a couple or three days and then hit one of these after hours parties if the wait times make it worth the price. We are about to the point we can't stand to deal with all the pre-planning for WDW and then still having to stand in long lines along with rushing around so we are looking at possible alternaties rather than just completely quiting WDW altogether.

DebK
01-14-2019, 07:39 PM
I attended the Disney After Hours at the AK the week before Christmas. Loved it! The park was empty. If there were 50 people at the Rivers of Light show that would be the maximum......We walked right on Na'vi River Journey a few times and there was not much of a wait for FOP, so we got to ride that several times. Everything else was a walk-on that we wanted to do (Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug, could have done Everest if we wanted). The snacks were fun with popcorn, Mickey ice cream sandwiches, Mickey bars, soda, and water. The park is beautiful at night! I can't wait to try the one at the MK sometime....

deedee73
01-14-2019, 07:59 PM
If we waited 10 minutes for Seven Dwarfs in March 2018 (time frame- spring break crowds 2 weeks early...unexplained crazy crowded) I would be surprised. I know on our first Peter Pan ride it was the longest wait we had and I think it was something like 17 or 18 minutes. Space mountain was a walk on as was the remainder of Fantasyland excluding a small wait for Pooh (under 5 minutes). We did not get to Adventureland but I know from others there were no one in the Jungle Cruise boats but your own party (little eerie) and Pirates had under a 5 minute wait. We did not do the meet n greets but the waits were posted at 15 minutes.

The price is a little steep but if you can do the entire park within a 4 or 5 hour span and the tickets are similar in price to a day pass and you get free snacks - to me it is a bargain especially when you factor in not having to deal with the crazy crowds! Now you miss the parades and the shows but if the intent is to enjoy the Disney rides and nostalgically remember how it was before FP and all the preplanning this may be the perfect option for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk