PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation fee question

NY GOOFY
12-28-2018, 10:58 AM
I am aware that if you don't show for a dinner reservation you will be charged. But what about if you have a reservation for 8 people and only 6 people show up. Will you still be charged $20 extra or does that not apply since most of your party did attend? We are a group of 8 for our upcoming trip, but I'm not sure if all 8 of us will be eating together each night.

Laurenpetro
12-28-2018, 11:21 AM
I think it’s $10 per reservation, not per person. I highly doubt they’d charge you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zippy 1
12-28-2018, 11:26 AM
If you have a reservation for 8 and only 6 show up they will not charge you the fee unless it is for a pre paid meal. Then I am not sure how it is handled. We had several reservations in November where people on our reservation were unable to make it and there was no problems

1DisneyNut
12-28-2018, 11:35 AM
I am also pretty sure it is just for the reservation not per person. As long as a party shows up and checks in for the reservation, you are good.

NewDVCowner
12-28-2018, 03:18 PM
No, it's $10 per person.

Fangorn
12-28-2018, 04:27 PM
The "no- show" free is $10 per person.

As long as even one person shows up for the reservation, the fee will not be assessed. So if 6 of the eight show up, all is good - no penalty.

Steve

Cinderelley
12-28-2018, 09:45 PM
I have had this situation happen several times over the years. In fact, I was the one who had to skip dinner one night, since I wasn't feeling well. There wasn't any charge. As long as someone shows up, they do not charge you the cancellation fee.

texas211
12-29-2018, 06:43 PM
I have had this situation happen several times over the years. In fact, I was the one who had to skip dinner one night, since I wasn't feeling well. There wasn't any charge. As long as someone shows up, they do not charge you the cancellation fee.

That's no good. Still allows people to hog up reservations and be inconsiderate w/ their planning. But I can see Disney's viewpoint. Cut them some slack if people show, you are still making good money off those that do.

Cinderelley
12-29-2018, 08:46 PM
That's no good. Still allows people to hog up reservations and be inconsiderate w/ their planning. But I can see Disney's viewpoint. Cut them some slack if people show, you are still making good money off those that do.

Some people could do it, but I think it is mostly in case someone gets sick. You wouldn't want someone showing up and getting everyone else sick too just because they didn't want to waste money on a cancellation fee.

Disney World . . . ground zero of the zombie apocalypse, because Patient 0 didn't want to pay a cancellation fee.

texas211
12-29-2018, 09:35 PM
Some people could do it, but I think it is mostly in case someone gets sick. You wouldn't want someone showing up and getting everyone else sick too just because they didn't want to waste money on a cancellation fee.

Disney World . . . ground zero of the zombie apocalypse, because Patient 0 didn't want to pay a cancellation fee.

I think sickness stops very few people. I feel like its mostly the ever changing set up desires and priorities.

Zombie apocalypse will be bc of touching the same ride vehicles, or spread via the fp+ pads.