PDA

View Full Version : 30 Day FP for Flight of Passage?

JanetMegan
12-18-2018, 10:23 AM
So we are thinking of adding a AK day to an cruise in March and were thinking of doing a 1 day ticket with an off-park hotel stay. How have Flight of Passage FP been lately at the 30 day mark?

ThanxForNoticin
12-18-2018, 01:12 PM
Still extremely difficult to get 30 days out. Depending on the time of year, they're even tough to get 60 days out. But it never hurts to check. Hope you get lucky!

PopPhan
12-18-2018, 03:51 PM
Keep trying daily...Sometimes they come up.

RunDMV
12-19-2018, 02:39 AM
God luck with that.

1DisneyNut
12-19-2018, 10:35 AM
Yeah good luck with that. You can't even get them at the 60 day mark when staying onsite unless you have about a 7 to 10 day stay planned and you get them at the 60 day mark for one of the latter days in your stay. If you have a 5 day or less stay, they will almost always already be gone when you try at the 60 day or at least that has been my experience. Aggravating to say the least.

RunDMV
12-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Keep trying daily...Sometimes they come up.

That's funny. Since it has opened, I've managed one.

goofyskier
12-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Can I just express again how much I hate nae loath the Fast Pass Plus system? It used to be a family could be spontaneous and decide on a whim what park to go to on a day and not be shut out of the E ticket rides. Now it seems one needs to plan a trip six months out in order to plan to go on a ride for 2 to 3 minutes.

Not me....haven’t been to Disneyworld since and won’t be until things change.

In he meantime take the day and go to Universal or Seaworld.

RunDMV
01-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Can I just express again how much I hate nae loath the Fast Pass Plus system? It used to be a family could be spontaneous and decide on a whim what park to go to on a day and not be shut out of the E ticket rides. Now it seems one needs to plan a trip six months out in order to plan to go on a ride for 2 to 3 minutes.

I could not agree with you more. After it was implemented, I stopped going. The ONLY reason I returned last year was because I was was transferred to Florida. At my wife's behest, we have APs. More often than not, we go to the parks on a day trip and don't even get on a single attraction because anything worth a flip doesn't have any FPs left.

It's a horrible system and I hate everything about it.

DizneyFreak2002
01-03-2019, 10:21 PM
That's funny. Since it has opened, I've managed one.
Same here... only managed one... And I consider myself lucky for that one...

1DisneyNut
01-04-2019, 09:15 AM

I could not agree with you more. After it was implemented, I stopped going. The ONLY reason I returned last year was because I was was transferred to Florida. At my wife's behest, we have APs. More often than not, we go to the parks on a day trip and don't even get on a single attraction because anything worth a flip doesn't have any FPs left.

It's a horrible system and I hate everything about it.

I can't agree more. I hate everything about it and can't imagine why anyone other than maybe first time guests that think they are getting something would like it. Most of our trips lately have been for special events such as sports and beta club nationals for our children. We haven't planned a regular vacation there in several years. We have one more year of possibly having to go for some special events and then we are going to be done with it for the most part. We may go once for a few days every few years for the nostalgia but full blown vacations to WDW will be history. This is coming from someone who used to love the place and could not see a time when I would not want to visit at least once and maybe two or three times a year. We used to have APs and almost bought into DVC. I cannot express how glad we are that we did not buy DVC.

RunDMV
01-04-2019, 03:35 PM
I can't agree more. I hate everything about it and can't imagine why anyone other than maybe first time guests that think they are getting something would like it. Most of our trips lately have been for special events such as sports and beta club nationals for our children. We haven't planned a regular vacation there in several years. We have one more year of possibly having to go for some special events and then we are going to be done with it for the most part. We may go once for a few days every few years for the nostalgia but full blown vacations to WDW will be history. This is coming from someone who used to love the place and could not see a time when I would not want to visit at least once and maybe two or three times a year. We used to have APs and almost bought into DVC. I cannot express how glad we are that we did not buy DVC.

I didn't mean to dislike your post.

I'd be curious to see what is the ratio of one-and-done/infrequent guests to long-term repeat guests. I suspect the repeat guests #s are falling.

Disney could care less if there are repeat guests as long as one-and-dones #s stay high.

Altair
01-04-2019, 03:51 PM
I didn't mean to dislike your post.

Disney could care less if there are repeat guests as long as one-and-dones #s stay high.

How many one-and-dones didn't start out that way, but their first time experience made them vow never to return? The first time visitor is at a tremendous dis-advantage.

2Epcot
01-18-2019, 12:47 AM
Not looking forward to trying to get FastPasses. This will be the first long trip with the family since they started using the bands. Getting close to my window to book passes, and don't like hearing even 60 days out, its not so easy to get them.

PopPhan
01-18-2019, 06:23 AM
Same here... only managed one... And I consider myself lucky for that one...

Not sure how I have gotten so lucky, but I have made 3 trips since the Pandora area opened and have been able to secure at least 2 trip on A:FoP on each trip. I tend to give some back because I don't want to spend ALL my time in AK.

My only 'trick' is to start at the end of my trip and work backward. Do not worry about the time you initially get because you can keep going back to try for a different/better/more suitable time for you.

Maybe, it helps that I am a solo traveler, too.

2Epcot
01-18-2019, 01:53 PM
My only 'trick' is to start at the end of my trip and work backward. Do not worry about the time you initially get because you can keep going back to try for a different/better/more suitable time for you

That’s what I did today. We will only be at the parks 4 days, so I started on our last day and got Flight of Passage for all of us. Originally at 5:30pm, but was able to move them up to 3pm about 15 minutes later.

DizneyFreak2002
01-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Not sure how I have gotten so lucky, but I have made 3 trips since the Pandora area opened and have been able to secure at least 2 trip on A:FoP on each trip. I tend to give some back because I don't want to spend ALL my time in AK.

My only 'trick' is to start at the end of my trip and work backward. Do not worry about the time you initially get because you can keep going back to try for a different/better/more suitable time for you.

Maybe, it helps that I am a solo traveler, too.
I never worry about the time... I work my day around the time I get the FP for the more popular rides... But it always seems with FoP my luck is nil...

I wonder though if solo does help... October I was with my father, no luck... April, when I went solo, I scored the FP... We'll see again in May... I'm going solo again... when I get to pick FP, let's see if I hit it lucky... :)

DizneyFreak2002
01-18-2019, 05:05 PM
That’s what I did today. We will only be at the parks 4 days, so I started on our last day and got Flight of Passage for all of us. Originally at 5:30pm, but was able to move them up to 3pm about 15 minutes later.

Working backwards worked for you then??? Awesome!!! Glad you got FP... Are you going to AK on your last day then??

2Epcot
01-18-2019, 07:58 PM
Working backwards worked for you then??? Awesome!!! Glad you got FP... Are you going to AK on your last day then??

Yes, we are going to Animal Kingdom on our last day. First day will only be a half day, since we will have come back from Disney Cruise in the morning. Doing the Magic Kingdom on first day. Being Disneyland passholders, there will be a lot we are skipping at MK.

DizneyFreak2002
01-18-2019, 08:19 PM
Yes, we are going to Animal Kingdom on our last day. First day will only be a half day, since we will have come back from Disney Cruise in the morning. Doing the Magic Kingdom on first day. Being Disneyland passholders, there will be a lot we are skipping at MK.

Awesome!!! Have a great time!!! I save Epcot and MK for the end of my trip usually... Animal Kingdom is my 3rd full day there... DHS is my first... I have my ADRs booked too... When my 60 days comes up, I will check to see what I do with my FP... I can always change :)