PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Switch

Gatchaman
12-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Greetings! Santa is getting my daughter Nintendo Switch for Christmas, but he's confused! I'm hoping there may be some people here who can help out. It's really about the remote. The console seems to come with two remotes--Joy-Con I guess it is--but they are really two pieces to one remote, with a gripto make it like a normal remote. Their website says, though, that each piece could be used by two people "for select games." There are games my daughter is going to want to play with her brother...for instance, Mario Cart.

Specifically, will my son and daughter be able to play Mario Cart with just the one Joy-Con that comes with the system? Also, where can I find out what games can and cannot be played by two players with the same Joy-Con? More generally, are we going to need ending up buying another Joy-Con? I can't believe how expensive they are...and with no grip. Geez.

Thank you!

The Gatchaman

mook3y
12-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Greetings! Santa is getting my daughter Nintendo Switch for Christmas, but he's confused! I'm hoping there may be some people here who can help out. It's really about the remote. The console seems to come with two remotes--Joy-Con I guess it is--but they are really two pieces to one remote, with a gripto make it like a normal remote. Their website says, though, that each piece could be used by two people "for select games." There are games my daughter is going to want to play with her brother...for instance, Mario Cart.

Specifically, will my son and daughter be able to play Mario Cart with just the one Joy-Con that comes with the system? Also, where can I find out what games can and cannot be played by two players with the same Joy-Con? More generally, are we going to need ending up buying another Joy-Con? I can't believe how expensive they are...and with no grip. Geez.

Thank you!

The Gatchaman

so lets say you have a Joy-Con red and blue.

some games require you to use both red and blue.

some games like mario cart allow 1 player to use red and one player to use blue.
allowing for 2 player play

Some games require 2 Joy-cons red/blue orange/green to be able to play 2 players

mario care would allow 4 players with this setup.

hope this makes sense.