PDA

View Full Version : Travel Time from Epcot to Magic Kingdom after Candlelight Processional

WDWCP Spring99
12-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Hi Everyone!
Quick question...What are the chance of making it from Epcot after the 6:45pm Candlelight Processional to the Magic Kingdom before the 9pm "Happily Ever After" fireworks show? I'm thinking either Monorail or hiring a Minnie Van. Thoughts?

Thank you!

PopPhan
12-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Possible, but highly unlikely. Everything would have to go perfect for you.

CP runs about 45 minutes, so that would make it around 7:30 when it ends. Count on the throng of people milling about on exit, and at least 15 minutes to make it to the EPCOT main entrance. Then to board the monorail back to the TTC, transfer to the MK (resort) monorail, go through MK security and into the park. Now, you will have to fight your way through the crowd to find a place to view the HEA fireworks....

A Minnie Van might cut a few minutes off the time, but I have no idea where they drop off for MK.

If you try this, good luck!!

WDWCP Spring99
12-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Possible, but highly unlikely. Everything would have to go perfect for you.

CP runs about 45 minutes, so that would make it around 7:30 when it ends. Count on the throng of people milling about on exit, and at least 15 minutes to make it to the EPCOT main entrance. Then to board the monorail back to the TTC, transfer to the MK (resort) monorail, go through MK security and into the park. Now, you will have to fight your way through the crowd to find a place to view the HEA fireworks....

A Minnie Van might cut a few minutes off the time, but I have no idea where they drop off for MK.

If you try this, good luck!!

Thanks. I think catching a Minnie Van from Beach Club might be the best bet if we decide to go this route. We are only going to be at Disney for one day and I'm seeing how much we want to cram into the one day. My wife and I have seen Candlelight several times, but my mother-in-law never has.

Figment!
12-04-2018, 10:20 PM
A Minnie Van will drop you off at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stop. While this will help vs a Uber/Lyft that would drop you off at Ticket and Transportation Center, the Minnie Van's are very limited in numbers by comparison.

In the middle of the day in early November I had a 25 minute wait to take a Minnie Van from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom.

DonaldDuck1117
12-15-2018, 10:50 PM
You can make it. My wife and I have watched Illuminations at 9 and have been on Main Street for Wishes at 10.

Be prepared to power walk and bob and weave through the crowd.