PDA

View Full Version : DVC Annual Dues - higher increase than expected.

FiggyFan
11-17-2018, 08:10 PM
I just received Annual meeting notices for BCV and BWV. by my count:
Dues at BCV increased 7.7% ($6.4430/point to $6.9415/point).
Dues at BWV increased 9.5% ($6.5496/point to $7.1722/point)

Did I count incorrectly, or is this a surprisingly large increase?

ThanxForNoticin
11-19-2018, 08:53 AM
Yes, sadly, it looks like it's going to be a rather significant increase this year all around. OKW, AKL, and GF have similar increases. If these numbers are approved (and they usually seem to be), we're looking at a nearly 10% increase on our dues - MUCH higher than we've experienced in past years. Ouch.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
12-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Seems like it would be fair to call the 2019 increases "historic"... of the WDW resorts only BLT and WL had seen a higher % increase in any previous year over the last 10 years. Much of this is apparently being blamed on the recent collective bargaining agreements with resort staff, but as many of the resorts begin to age it seems likely maintenance costs will continue to increase despite best efforts at continued refurbishment.

PopPhan
12-12-2018, 11:41 AM
"Continued refurbishment" IS maintenance cost. AND you are paying, directly or indirectly, for the construction of all those new DVC properties.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
12-12-2018, 11:59 AM
I agree that the refurbishment of the accommodations are maintenance costs rolled into the dues, but I was really referring to the "unseen" type of maintenance costs that come with an aging facility... nobody sees it when a resort's water heater has to be replaced, or the air conditioning system needs a refurb, or appreciates when the parking lot needs repaving.

And isn't EVERYBODY indirectly paying for all the construction? ;)

Ed
12-12-2018, 06:34 PM
I'm going to the annual meeting tomorrow, and I'm expecting there to be some verbal fireworks in the conference center.

dlpmikki
12-13-2018, 10:29 AM
Look forward to a report of the meeting Ed! :)

ThanxForNoticin
12-13-2018, 12:36 PM
These increases are definitely unexpected and disappointing. It is understood that many of the locations are much older now and in need of upkeep - you only have to read through some of the blogs here to have folks talk about the need for improvements. But these are significant.... I wonder how much extra it's costing us to have daily trash collection/room inspections at all the locations?

baldburke
12-14-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm going to the annual meeting tomorrow, and I'm expecting there to be some verbal fireworks in the conference center.

How'd that go?