PDA

View Full Version : Annual Price Increases

Daisy'sMom
10-16-2018, 02:09 PM
I just read that they have just raised prices again on APs, making this the second time since February. We get the FL Resident Silver, that’s gone up 9.1%. The Select Pass has gone up over 10%. I don’t know about some of you, but the greed is getting ridiculous. All of the updates, the new attractions in the past few years have been standard at best. I always expect more from Disney than other parks, but they have not been living up to their reputation. They have raised the prices from water on up. Now this. We seriously are going to reconsider the value. Listen quietly, you might hear Walt flipping over in his grave.

kathkwilts
10-16-2018, 02:55 PM
I just read that they have just raised prices again on APs, making this the second time since February. We get the FL Resident Silver, that’s gone up 9.1%. The Select Pass has gone up over 10%. I don’t know about some of you, but the greed is getting ridiculous. All of the updates, the new attractions in the past few years have been standard at best. I always expect more from Disney than other parks, but they have not been living up to their reputation. They have raised the prices from water on up. Now this. We seriously are going to reconsider the value. Listen quietly, you might hear Walt flipping over in his grave.

I totally agree. Plus they keep talking about sprinkling magic dust, which I have not seen in recent visits. Cast members are officious and cranky and rude. The food is mediocre unless you're paying over $50 per entree... The parks are overly crowded and the parking has gone up, as well. Unless you pay for premium parking, you are parked very far out from the gate. The trams are noisy and smelly and slow. We have had annual passes for many years now but I am reconsidering our options.

ransam
10-16-2018, 04:22 PM
While i agree with the frustration in the increasing pricing. I do have to disagree that I think the parks have gotten better. I think Pandora and Toy Story were outstanding additions. I didn't like the movie Avatar that much but when i go to Pandora I'm still just blown away w/ how awesome it is. i can walk around for hours just walking around taking in the beauty and attention to detail.
I also have to say I have not run into any cast members that i felt were rude or nothing less of awesome. Now I will say the bus drivers can sometimes been rude, but in the parks i love the cast members.

Now I will say it's strange that while they are announcing reduction in AK hours and toning back HS they announce a price increase.

Figment!
10-16-2018, 07:40 PM
The new prices for Annual Passes are as follows:

Silver Pass: $479
Gold Pass: $609
Disney Platinum Pass: $894
Disney Platinum Plus Pass: $994

BriarRose0708
10-17-2018, 09:27 AM
The new prices for Annual Passes are as follows:

Silver Pass: $479
Gold Pass: $609
Disney Platinum Pass: $894
Disney Platinum Plus Pass: $994

Are the silver and gold pass prices Florida Resident passes? I still may upgrade my ticket to an AP this weekend.... Decisions!!!