PDA

View Full Version : DDP for Food and Wine

Crow
09-26-2018, 10:15 PM
Ive used the DDP once or twice. didnt think it was worth it anymore since the tip and app arent included, but Im debating it to use the snack credits at the Food and Wine booths. and an alcoholic drink is included at the meals now...still a lot of food though. I have a few places reserved in case I get it. Boma, La Hacienda and Tokyo Dining so far and am debating on another buffet all u can eat, Garden Grill or Trails End, poss Biergarten. I love Artist Pt but its 2 credits..any thoughts.. I dont eat as much anymore so its a toss up for the cost.

bleen3162
09-27-2018, 06:29 PM
If you do get the dining plan, I think you can still exchange counter service credit for snack credits. You can exchange one counter service for three snack credits at one location. That was great for me coz I didn't use all those counter credits.

NewDVCowner
09-27-2018, 07:58 PM
But if you exchange them you lose the alcoholic drink. If you’re not much of an eater then I don’t think the dining plan will work for you. They added alcohol but did raise the price.

Crow
09-27-2018, 08:37 PM
But if you exchange them you lose the alcoholic drink. If you’re not much of an eater then I don’t think the dining plan will work for you. They added alcohol but did raise the price.

yes i am still wavering..I may skip the DDP and use Visa discounts and snack at W&F. have a few days til i have to decide

WishingStar2006
09-27-2018, 11:40 PM
Is the Disney Visa food discount available at the F&W booths?

Thanks

Crow
09-28-2018, 01:18 AM
Is the Disney Visa food discount available at the F&W booths?

Thanks

nope. i wish.and i heard some of the prices went up. Ill still visit some of the booths though

Zippy 1
09-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Most of the food & wine prices are between $8 and $9 per item

Crow
09-28-2018, 09:02 PM
some are a little less. i was looking at the booth menus

texas211
10-01-2018, 11:57 AM
FW is our primary reason to go to WDW. We have never found the DDP to work well w/ that venue. The number of options, type, alcohol, etc, just didn't work in our favor.

Crow
10-02-2018, 10:41 AM
FW is our primary reason to go to WDW. We have never found the DDP to work well w/ that venue. The number of options, type, alcohol, etc, just didn't work in our favor.
Ive been to F&W several times wo the DDP. I think one time i had it and used snack credits. i was thinking of the snack credits at the booths and the other credits on non Epcot days possibly. i go back and forth on it, some days i think i wont use it..

BriarRose0708
10-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Ive been to F&W several times wo the DDP. I think one time i had it and used snack credits. i was thinking of the snack credits at the booths and the other credits on non Epcot days possibly. i go back and forth on it, some days i think i wont use it..

That's the approach I used when I had the DDP during F&W. If you aren't going to sample everything at each booth then it works well to use a couple snack credits and then dine at table service places for meals. I think you'll use up your credits, I always seemed to run out of snacks before counter service or table service credits.