PDA

View Full Version : No more podcast links?

PopPhan
09-24-2018, 09:47 AM
I have seen the last 3 podcasts on facebook, but no threads or links to them here????

I like to read the comments to the 'casts....

John
09-24-2018, 09:58 AM
I have seen the last 3 podcasts on facebook, but no threads or links to them here????

I like to read the comments to the 'casts....

We’ll be backfilling past episodes this week!

PopPhan
09-24-2018, 10:02 AM
We’ll be backfilling past episodes this week!

Muchas gracias, senor!! Listening to Episode 116 on facebook right now....

brad192
09-27-2018, 07:27 AM
Muchas gracias, senor!! Listening to Episode 116 on facebook right now....

OK, wait a minute - I thought we were only at 113 episodes. Did I miss some?

Fangorn
09-27-2018, 07:51 PM

Get with the program, Brad! Live video podcasts on Facebook is now the way it works. :mickey:

Steve

Figment!
09-27-2018, 09:04 PM

Be on the look out for our show notification posts on your social media platform of choice (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter) and join in the show with live comments (and of course witty banter).

Video will remain on the Facebook page and the Audio versions are still being released on the site.

We got a little behind with releasing the Audio version, but John is in-process of getting the last three up soon.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-28-2018, 08:55 AM
I am not on "modern" social media and I won't be following you there. The market trends may force you to move everything to Facebook, but I won't be there with you. It has already been obvious to me that Intercot has been bleeding content and discussion over to Facebook, leaving folks like myself to read other content.

I hope that folks wanting to listen to an audio Podcast aren't going to be stuck waiting on a long-delayed Intercot.com posting just because we don't do Facebook.

:(

John
09-28-2018, 09:29 AM
I am not on "modern" social media and I won't be following you there. The market trends may force you to move everything to Facebook, but I won't be there with you. It has already been obvious to me that Intercot has been bleeding content and discussion over to Facebook, leaving folks like myself to read other content.

I hope that folks wanting to listen to an audio Podcast aren't going to be stuck waiting on a long-delayed Intercot.com posting just because we don't do Facebook.

:(

So on the content side, I will push back a bit as nearly everything Jason posts news wise ends up either on the home page or the boards. Sure there is social specific stuff and pictures from the parks - but the meat of the content is here. You also can check out our twitter or instagram posts without being a member. Just bookmark the page.

On the audio, it’s my intention to push those podcasts over in a timely manor. But I’ve been dealing with the threat of a hurricane and thinking I might have contracted rabies recently (I’m safe). I’ve figured out a good way to do it and will be serving those who like to listen rather than watch moving forward as well.

Bear with us - it took a little practice to remember that people wouldn’t just be watching and would be listening too. I think we have it down now.

John
09-29-2018, 04:50 PM
The episodes are now available in audio form here on the site or in your favorite podcast app!

TikiLounger
10-22-2018, 05:14 PM
I just want to thank you guys for remembering that not everyone is on Facebook. I recently finished catching up on all the podcasts. I listen while running and I enjoy all of your shows. I don't mind waiting for the audio versions to be made available, but I admit I was getting a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to listen to my favorite Podcasters, anymore. So? thanks again!

And...for the record...there ARE people who, for whatever reason, CHOOSE not to be on Facebook and other social media platforms. It's not that we don't know how to use them, or that we're not with the program, but that we simply don't want to be there.

TikiLounger
10-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Oh...and, John...from what I gathered from the Podcasts, you were spared the devastation of Hurricane Michael. I'm so glad to hear this!

John
10-23-2018, 03:51 PM
I just want to thank you guys for remembering that not everyone is on Facebook. I recently finished catching up on all the podcasts. I listen while running and I enjoy all of your shows. I don't mind waiting for the audio versions to be made available, but I admit I was getting a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to listen to my favorite Podcasters, anymore. So? thanks again!

And...for the record...there ARE people who, for whatever reason, CHOOSE not to be on Facebook and other social media platforms. It's not that we don't know how to use them, or that we're not with the program, but that we simply don't want to be there.

Totally get it which is why when Jason posts updates to twitter/fb they are pushed to pages on the site. Now, if you want live coverage from the parks, you pretty much have to go with one of our social feeds.

You can view both Instagram and Twitter's feeds without joining the platform. Just means you cant comment but you can certainly see the content and pictures...

http://instagram.com/intercot
https://twitter.com/intercot

Might be worth a bookmark - or just head there from the homepage links.

And yes, we were untouched really from the last 2 hurricanes. Just heavy winds and a few downed tree limbs and a ton of Spanish Moss on the ground from our Live Oaks!

TikiLounger
10-24-2018, 07:46 AM
Thanks so much! I've bookmarked both! Looks like I'm going to have a busy morning checking out Intercot pics. Yay!

I know how it feels to have eyes glued to the Weather Channel when a storm is threatening the East Coast. We jut right out into the Atlantic too, although we're farther north. Fortunately, we haven't had any direct hits from hurricanes over the last few years...but...we seem to be getting more winter Nor'easters. Power outages, galore. Then again, where we live, all anyone has to do is exhale forcefully and the power goes out. Hahaha.