PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Disturb

nicholsbears
09-13-2018, 02:21 PM
:goofy: Is it true that you can no longer put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on you door to decline Housekeeping? (because of the tragedy in Vegas)
We usually do this every other day: that way we can leave our "stuff" strewn about the room...you know, that "lived-in, homey" atmosphere. It also saves us time on those days because we don't have to straighten-up the room before Housekeeping comes (you know we all do it).

:bar::bar:

TheVBs
09-13-2018, 02:45 PM
We just returned a little over a week ago and we had a Do Not Disturb sign. Actually, I think it said "Room Occupied". Used it with no problems.

PopPhan
09-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Understand that, at least once during your visit, someone will come and check your room, whether or not the 'Do Not Disturb"/"Room Occupied" sign is on the door. They did it to me last trip while I was in the room and the sign was out. Said it was a 'security check'.....

Cinderelley
09-14-2018, 12:06 AM
Understand that, at least once during your visit, someone will come and check your room, whether or not the 'Do Not Disturb"/"Room Occupied" sign is on the door. They did it to me last trip while I was in the room and the sign was out. Said it was a 'security check'.....

That could be awkward.

buzznwoodysmom
09-14-2018, 10:28 AM
Even if you decline housekeeping the new rules state that someone must enter each room at least once a day either for housekeeping or a security check. Even with the "room occupied" sign on the door they may still knock or enter the room for the security check.

#1donaldfan
09-14-2018, 02:05 PM
You can put the "occupied" signage out but they will come into the room .... we declined mousekeeping this past trip ( and loved it ... the cash back ) and yes, they came in once while we were preparing for the pool ... they knocked, it was not like they flung open the door ....

texas211
09-14-2018, 02:55 PM
More opportunities for disney employees to swipe something.

Cinderelley
09-15-2018, 12:58 AM
You can put the "occupied" signage out but they will come into the room .... we declined mousekeeping this past trip ( and loved it ... the cash back ) and yes, they came in once while we were preparing for the pool ... they knocked, it was not like they flung open the door ....

But what if you are taking a shower and don't hear the knock? Things could go south quickly if I got out of the shower and some strange guy is in my room.

faline
09-15-2018, 02:55 PM
But what if you are taking a shower and don't hear the knock? Things could go south quickly if I got out of the shower and some strange guy is in my room.

You can use the latch on your door that prevents entry if you are present inside your room but not able to respond to the door knock. I'm sure staff are used to this happening and will return again if the latch is on.

texas211
09-16-2018, 08:00 PM

Well, this intrusion is for your safety right?

I'd recommend a revolver in a water tight bag.

Cinderelley
09-16-2018, 10:45 PM
You can use the latch on your door that prevents entry if you are present inside your room but not able to respond to the door knock. I'm sure staff are used to this happening and will return again if the latch is on.

I forgot that the latch existed. Thanks.

Cinderelley
09-16-2018, 10:45 PM
Well, this intrusion is for your safety right?

I'd recommend a revolver in a water tight bag.

You want it go to really far south, don't you? :P

Polynesian Dweller
09-16-2018, 11:53 PM

That is what they most likely will do. But most (all?) hotels have a tool that lets them open a room in emergency situations. If they come back a couple of times and find the latch on they may use that tool.

Run a hotel long enough and you will encounter someone with a medical emergency (or death) and you have to get in the room.

texas211
09-17-2018, 09:31 AM
You want it go to really far south, don't you? :P

Center mass!

It's like american express, never leave home without it. Or in this case, use the bathroom.

Cinderelley
09-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Center mass!

It's like american express, never leave home without it. Or in this case, use the bathroom.

Now we're back to swiping cards at the bathroom :P

Roger's #1 Fan
09-18-2018, 03:56 PM
That is what they most likely will do. But most (all?) hotels have a tool that lets them open a room in emergency situations. If they come back a couple of times and find the latch on they may use that tool.
Actually had someone use this while on vacation this summer. We had adjoining rooms and one of the doors closed while the room had the security latch on.

#1donaldfan
09-19-2018, 12:38 PM
Center mass!

Double tap to ensure maximum impact ....

1DisneyNut
09-20-2018, 09:55 AM
This is one change that you will not hear me complain about. I am all for doing security checks on rooms at least once a day to keep the nuts under control as much as possible.

Cinderelley
09-21-2018, 01:46 AM
Double tap to ensure maximum impact ....

Lol. Make sure they don't move again, eh?

Cinderelley
09-21-2018, 01:47 AM
This is one change that you will not hear me complain about. I am all for doing security checks on rooms at least once a day to keep the nuts under control as much as possible.

It doesn't really bother me that they would be checking. I would just prefer to choose the time to avoid any bad experiences.

1DisneyNut
09-21-2018, 10:27 AM
It doesn't really bother me that they would be checking. I would just prefer to choose the time to avoid any bad experiences.

The problem with that is if they allow people to pick the time of the visit, they would know not to hide anything they shouldn't have there. That sort of defeats the purpose of random safety checks.

#1donaldfan
09-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Lol. Make sure they don't move again, eh?

We only "aim" to stop further actions ....

Cinderelley
09-22-2018, 11:47 AM
We only "aim" to stop further actions ....

Lol