PDA

View Full Version : Quiet place for a phone call?

donald-doc
08-27-2018, 11:15 AM
Crazy question guys:

Sometimes we have to take "work" with us on vacation.

If you had a to take a work call in the parks, where would you go?

Is there a quiet place to take a phone call in the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood studios, AK, or Epcot?

Thanks,
DD

Speedy1998
08-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Depends on what you mean by quite. If you mean that you will be able to hear the person you are talking to, and they will be able to hear you, then yes there are lots of places like that. In general just walk away from any attraction and crowd and you should be able to have a conversation on the phone. If by quite you mean an area with no distractions what so ever, then for the most part you will be out of luck. Even in the areas away from crowds and attractions you will find that there is background music, and other guest talking.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-27-2018, 02:26 PM
I think Epcot has some of the best options, like the area with the washrooms behind the character spot. We love taking a break there, and it is usually very quiet. Some of the areas of the various countries also can be quite quiet as well.

Animal Kingdom has a few out of the way spots too, one of my favourites being the small seating area by the water across from Yak & Yeti counter service.

I once got a work call while waiting at the dessert party for the fireworks to start. I replied that I was busy, and sent a picture of the castle back. :)

Fangorn
08-28-2018, 07:56 AM
The street in front of the Commissary in HS is pretty quite. There's foot traffic and background music, but overall it's a pretty calm area. I've had more than one phone conversation (one with my CEO) while in that area.

Steve

buzznwoodysmom
08-30-2018, 10:20 AM
I once needed to make an important phone call in MK. My husband and I both suddenly got texts and voice mail about a questionable charge to our account. I went into the first aid "lobby" and made the call. It was very quiet in there.

RhodeHog
09-13-2018, 11:52 AM
I once got a work call while waiting at the dessert party for the fireworks to start. I replied that I was busy, and sent a picture of the castle back. :)

Before a trip, my boss said, "I guess we can just call you if we need you."
I said, "My phone doesn't work at WDW."
He replied, "How? I'm sure you can get a signal there."
I emphasized, "MY phone doesn't work at WDW."

Cinderelley
09-14-2018, 12:00 AM
Before a trip, my boss said, "I guess we can just call you if we need you."
I said, "My phone doesn't work at WDW."
He replied, "How? I'm sure you can get a signal there."
I emphasized, "MY phone doesn't work at WDW."

Lol. Sounds like some bosses need to realize that work isn't what life is all about.