PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in Parks

EeyoresBestFriend
08-25-2018, 02:20 PM
We are going to California in September 2018 on a Mon to Fri trip. I am not sure what times we will be getting up and was wondering is it possible to do walkins for breakfast (3 adults)before 11am in the parks? I struggle with ressies for breakfast as I am on vacation and enjoy not having to set an alarm.

Thanks in Advance!

NewDVCowner
08-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Flies V8 cafe is a counter service and has a good breakfast. No reservation needed.

buzznwoodysmom
08-25-2018, 05:58 PM
We have only been to Disneyland once, for a 5 night stay. We had all meals either in the parks, at Downtown Disney or at our hotel (Disneyland Hotel). We only had one reservation, Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. All other places we simply walked up. We found we did not need reservations like you do in WDW. Of course there are a few places you would be wise to book a reservation (Blue Bayou comes to mind), but the majority of restaurants you should be fine to walk up.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-25-2018, 10:25 PM
Perfect! Thanks, folks!

I was hoping we could approach it this way. And yes, I have ressies at Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennans.

:mickey::mickey:

Cinderelley
08-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Many times we have called the dining line in the morning and asked what was available. (Many times my oldest son wakes up earlier than the others and asks me to go to breakfast with him.)Sometimes they tell us what is available. Other times they say to just show up and see if a time is available.
I second the Goofy's Kitchen recommendation, and also highly recommend Storyteller's Café in the Grand Californian. I know you were asking about in the park, but the character interaction at Storyteller's Café has been amazing each time we went, and Goofy's Kitchen is so much fun that I would make a reservation for breakfast there even if I wasn't going into the park.
Blue Bayou is my favorite restaurant and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is wonderful also. You'll have some great food on your trip.