PDA

View Full Version : Mickey: The True Original Exhibition Will Pop-Up in New York this November

Figment!
08-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Disney Parks has announced a pop-up art exhibit for New York this November to celebrate Mickey Mouse's 90th Birthday:

“Mickey: The True Original Exhibition,” an interactive art exhibit, will open in New York from November 8, 2018 – February 10, 2019.

This immersive, pop-up art exhibition is inspired by Mickey’s status as a ‘true original’ and his global impact on popular culture and art. From his beginning in black and white in Steamboat Willie to the technicolor world of more than 100 cartoon shorts, exhibition guests will step into an unforgettable journey of Mickey moments reimagined.

... ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ will be open Tuesday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 60 10th Avenue, New York. Tickets are available for $38 per person at Disney.com/MickeyTrueOriginal.

The 16,000-square-foot interactive experience will feature original work from renowned and emerging contemporary artists. Before the official opening in November, three artists will preview their installations in three pop-up locations across the country. The installations pay tribute to three iconic pieces of Mickey Mouse merchandise that have withstood the test of time – the Mickey Mouse watch, tee-shirt, and plush.

Katzateer
09-05-2018, 07:30 AM
I have a ticket for this in November! Never been to Chelsea Market so will be all new day trip for me. Nothing on Broadway is really sounding that exciting to me right now anyway ( which I normally do for a late fall visit to the city).

TheVBs
09-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Any info on where/when the pop up installations will be?

Figment!
09-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Any info on where/when the pop up installations will be?

November 8, 2018 – February 10, 2019 at 60 10th Avenue, New York.

TheVBs
09-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Thanks Figment! I was wondering about these:

"Before the official opening in November, three artists will preview their installations in three pop-up locations across the country. The installations pay tribute to three iconic pieces of Mickey Mouse merchandise that have withstood the test of time – the Mickey Mouse watch, tee-shirt, and plush."