PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival and the new DDP?

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-13-2018, 08:35 PM
One of the nice things about using the DDP at the Food & Wine Festival has been the ability to exchange a Quick Service meal for 3 Snacks that can be used for menu items at one of the kiosks. Now that the DDP includes the ability to get an alcoholic drink with a meal, how will that work at Food & Wine when swapping QS meals for Snacks?

Will you be able to get 3 menu items AND a drink at the kiosk where you use your Quick Serve meal credit? :confused:

VWL Mom
08-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Nothing's been said as far as I know, but I highly doubt it. You're in effect giving up the CS for 3 snacks.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-14-2018, 07:51 AM
That's what I was afraid of, if it does work out that way.
So basically pointless, if that's the way someone were planning to use the credits... you'd be paying the price increase for drinks you can't get. :(

magicofdisney
08-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Think of all the poor schmucks that don't drink anyway that are paying the higher costs. Myself included, except I don't purchase the dining plan, but you see where I'm going.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Agreed, the fairer way to have done this would have been to offer 2 plans... one with, and one without alcohol.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-16-2018, 10:46 AM
Agreed, the fairer way to have done this would have been to offer 2 plans... one with, and one without alcohol.

Disney's not into fair though ... this makes the plan "look better" so more people buy it. :)

1DisneyNut
08-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Disney's not into fair though ... this makes the plan "look better" so more people buy it. :)

It is all about how can we squeeze more profit out of this. They do their homework and they know that a certain percentage is going to buy the dining plan without doing the math and assume it is a good deal just because Disney said this is a good deal. lol