PDA

View Full Version : Shared meals?

rmsongs
08-09-2018, 12:12 PM
After several years away, I'm in the early stages of trip planning and I'm curious about dining options for my wife and me. I've already determined that we'd save quite a bit on dining if we pay out-of-pocket (rather than purchasing a dining plan) if we can split meals between the two of us. We're both very light eaters. I'm assuming we can share at counter-service locations, but do the sit-down restaurants allow two people to share one meal? Also, would we be able to make ADRs if we're sharing? Thanks

Speedy1998
08-09-2018, 12:37 PM
If the sit down location is one in which you order off a menu, then yes they will let you share a meal. The buffet and family style table service restaurants will make you pay for two meals.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-10-2018, 09:51 AM
You can (and should) make an ADR, no matter what you plan on ordering. I know some people who make ADRs for their favourite places and just have dessert and drinks!

As well as sharing, my daughter is a very light eater, and we've had success with just ordering what she really wants, like the side dish, or just the main, or a portion off the kids menu.

TheDuckRocks
08-11-2018, 10:06 AM
When my sister, and I travel together with our husbands, she and I almost always split entrees. Sometimes we will split an entire meal - salad, entrée and dessert.