PDA

View Full Version : Flight of Passage still have Size issues?

Biggeek
08-07-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm assuming since I havn't hear much about it that Flight of Passage still didn't come up with a way to accommodate we larger people? I still can't believe they didn't come up with at least a non-moving version or something rather than "sorry"

I'm slowly dropping weight but I have a long ways to go and may not make it for a long time for that ride..

It's probably odd (good?, weird?, Strange?) that after my whole life being way overweight and failing many dozen times that my motivation finally comes from being worried I won't fit on the new Star Wars attractions...

Donald
08-07-2018, 05:35 PM
What are the size restrictions? Is it seat size? Shoulder harness? Weight restrictions?

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-08-2018, 10:24 AM
FOP is a challenge for so many Pooh-sized people. For many, it is the leg restraints that are the biggest pain, and my Mom won't even try it, she's seen too many videos and reports of not fitting (even though she would fit, I think). It really puts a worry into so many people. With Disney being so accommodating to people of all sizes, it is strange that their newest ride is such a challenge.

So, no changes. :( I wish they would run non-moving versions of rides like this, it would open up at least part of the experience to those who cannot transfer, don't fit, etc. Just a couple of times throughout the day (we could book a FP for it) would be awesome!

#1donaldfan
08-08-2018, 12:10 PM
I don't think they've made any changes.

I wanted to say I'm proud of you no matter the reason for your motivation. Keep up the good work and if you mess up, fail or back-slide, be kind to yourself ... we all have set-backs, it's how we move beyond them that define us .... so .... be ready for whatever Star Wars land has to offer us !!!

ransam
08-08-2018, 12:18 PM
no changes as of July....but i am happy to report the slinky rollercoaster is the most weight friendly ride I have ever been on! i'm 350 and short and i loved it

Biggeek
08-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Awesome about Slinky Dog! With Mine Train it always squeezes my knees ..and more.. very unpleasantly..

ransam
08-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Awesome about Slinky Dog! With Mine Train it always squeezes my knees ..and more.. very unpleasantly..

that is so true and kind of funny. A couple years ago i tried to get on, but couldn't and just to not be embarressed I didn't push it too hard.. This July i decided no matter what, i was getting on that dang ride. I got on, squeezed everything as tight as i could, and jammed that bar down and it locked. I have never been on a ride where i was more afraid that bar popping up. the picture is hilarious cause i look like a ghost on the haunted mansion, pure white. When i got off, I was sore....where i shouldn't be sore for a bit....and walked like i had just gotten off a 10 hour horse ride. My son and gf couldnt stop laughing.

Mitzie
09-21-2018, 01:08 PM
It has been a long while since I visited Intercot. I checked in on this thread and thought to share. Last April my DH could not ride FOP due to his height. He is 6'6" and his legs literally would not fit and allow the back of the chair to rise and lock into place. His leg from hip to knee was just too long.

MarkC
09-25-2018, 01:33 PM
I'm 6'4" with long legs and I do fit into FOP, but its snug. I haven't ridden Space Mountain for years as my legs will not fit under the leg restraints. They fit on the outside of them and every turn I get banged and bruised. I finally gave up.