PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Have Thought?

Pastcastmember1715
08-07-2018, 11:30 AM
I was going back through some old files and came across our very first DVC resale purchase, in Nov of 2012 we purchase our first contact, 175 pt SSR contract for $51 ppt. Who would have thought in less than six years the purchase price would have almost doubled!!! I just can't understand what the market does but I am glad that we had purchased all the points we wanted/needed before this last market price increase.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Agreed! Some of the current prices are just crazy ... and a big part of why we keep putting off taking the plunge.

WiltonJohn
08-09-2018, 10:09 AM
The longer you wait, likely the higher the prices will be. Unless the economy "crashes". And even then..... history says it'll eventually rebound. You can certainly wait for the crash and buy then.

Or you can buy sooner... and use the points and enjoy them year after year.

Depends a bit on why you are buying. Investment return...... or SLIGHTLY cheaper/nicer vacations. It is nice when you can get both...... but might not be essential.

I figure if it HOLDS value somewhat.... and we get vacations.... it is "economically" a success.

best,

...............john

VWL Mom
08-09-2018, 11:12 AM
2011-2012 the economy was suffering and a lot of resales were going at decent prices. We added on VWL 150 pt at $55/pt, so glad we did.

baldburke
08-09-2018, 11:20 AM
I do remember thinking idealistically back on our honeymoon in 1995 that it would be great, but man it seemed expensive at over $60 per point. We finally sat down in 2003 and talked to DVC but the time still wasn't right. Finally in 2014 we took the plunge in and bought resale points, but have gone back twice and bought two sets of new points direct since. It works for us because we are Disney fans and like to go at least every 24 months. So for us we think it was a great decision. It is a big investment, but it certainly is a great investment. Those $60 back in 1995 is now worth $100 today and with points averaging at $180 each its a good investment fiscally too. Good luck!

andmomlau
08-12-2018, 09:26 PM
We bought a 150 Point GF contract new from Disney in 2013. We had looked for many years but the time finally felt right. We wanted more points and specifically at BW. We found a 150 Point BW resale contract through another resale sight since the resales from Disney were very expensive. We purchased 150 points at BW for $94.00 per point rather than the $150.00 per point that Disney was charging! Only down side is that the use year is not the same as our GF contract but for the price, we grabbed it!