PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ride by ride book of things/secrets to look for at the parks

Renee_FL
07-29-2018, 08:29 PM
Hey all...does that make sense? I'm looking for a book that essentially starts at the beginning of a park - MK let's say - and guides you through the park from one ride/shop to the next with a sort of list of 'look here and you'll see'...'look up and you'll find'. I've done a bit of a search, and I'm finding tons of books with Disney history along with a few secrets, but it isn't really history that I'm looking for. Just all the fun, subtle, hidden things everywhere in the parks (not just the Mickeys). Does it even exist? Many thanks!

MNNHFLTX
07-29-2018, 08:42 PM
I kind of think that an actual book on this would be hard to find--by the time it's published the information would probably be obsolete. Your best bet is to look online at websites like Intercot and glean the most up-to-date information.

PopPhan
07-30-2018, 08:17 AM
First off... :welcome: to the INTERCOT family.

Now, about your question....As Beth said, probably not due to constant changes in the parks. They would put something in, then poof a rehab occurs and it's gone. Even 'Hidden Mickeys' are not safe from a rehab. Most times, if it is a true 'Hidden Mickey' it will be restored, but you never know.

INTERCOT is a good place to have questions answered, so it is possible you could get the information you seek piecemeal in different threads.

Kairi_7378
07-30-2018, 08:31 PM
You may want to look at the Imagineers' Guides to the Parks. (At least for the World Showcase, AK and MK.) With so much going on at the Studios, it will be difficult to publish something until construction is complete.

Cinderelley
07-31-2018, 01:45 AM
Have you checked out a book called The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World? It may not be exactly what you are looking for but close. It talks about little details like why the concrete on the way to frontierland has different colors (to recreate the sewage that was tossed out of windows prior to indoor plumbing). Lots of little details like that which I never would have noticed or even began to guess at if I did.

Renee_FL
08-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the responses! I will definitely check out those book suggestions. Perhaps those will have what I'm looking for.

j2k
08-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Before our trip last year I bought the Birnbaum kids guide to Disney World and a Hidden Mickeys book for my DD10 to read on the drive there (14 hour road trip). It may have had some obsolete info but she was able to find some things as we walked through the parks. She specifically wanted to look for the horse with the bow on its tail on the carousel and ride that one. I don't remember why right now :blush: Also, at the graveyard at Haunted Mansion she was looking for a specific marking. There were other things she looked for as well. The Birnbaum guide is updated each year so it is not that outdated.

Speedy1998
08-07-2018, 01:02 PM
The closest thing I can think of to what you are looking for is Lou Mongello's audio walking tours. He has one for each land of the Magic Kingdom.

azcavalier
08-13-2018, 12:22 PM
You may want to look at the Imagineers' Guides to the Parks. (At least for the World Showcase, AK and MK.) With so much going on at the Studios, it will be difficult to publish something until construction is complete.

These are what I was thinking of. Only problem is that they haven't been updated in years. I literally have mine out on my desk to loan to a co-worker, and I noticed that they're from 2005.

Crow
10-13-2018, 04:39 AM
i like those Imagineers guides

ransam
10-16-2018, 04:29 PM
A couple of my favorites

At the Muppet Show while you're waiting there's props everywhere. if you look up you will see a net of gelatain cubes. (a net full of jello-annette funicello)

On Main Street about half way down to the right as you enter is a little path and a nice little resting place, surrounded by buildings. If you listen from one of the windows you can hear a lady giving piano lessons