PDA

View Full Version : Pop in february

FanofMaryPoppins
07-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Okay super excited.. I just booked 4 days at Pop Century in February for my hubby and 2 kids. This might be a silly question but my boys love to swim, are the pools heated and is it warm enough for some swimming?

Thanks
218 days to the Magic:mickey::mickey:

PopPhan
07-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Heated pools: Yes.

Warm enough to swim: 50/50 chance. Weather that time of year is very variable. I was down one Valentine's week and the first 3 days were jeans and a coat through the parks, the next 3 days were shorts and light, short sleeves.

Speedy1998
07-16-2018, 01:59 PM
The weather varies quite a bit that time of year, however, I think that depends more on where you are from, as to whether or not you will think it is warm enough to swim.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2018, 05:50 PM
From a Canadian's perspective ... yes, warm enough to swim. The water will be lovely ... the walk back from the pool can be chilly, so plan for that!

(on our January trip, every kid was swimming, us parents were sitting on the side and talking)

Zippy 1
07-16-2018, 06:52 PM
This past winter many of the pools were closed as it was to cold for swimming. Done in the high 30's low 40's many days. The pool at the Beach Club was only open the last few days of our trip

Tippy987
07-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Hi - we often go in the winter months. We typically go to the parks at opening and head aback to our hotel and swim around 2ish. The water is a bit cool when you first get in but once moving around no problem. The kids never minded the pools and loved swimming. Just do not plan to swim in the evening. Just keep an eye on the weather to determine pool days.

FanofMaryPoppins
07-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Thank you Everyone.. we are from Michigan so cold weather doesnt scare us :) My boys will be super disappointed if we dont get at least 1 swim time in so I think we'll plan for it and see what happens. Many years ago before kids we were there in March and we swam and it was awesome. I also have to rememeber how to pack for cooler weather.. I appreciate all your answers :)