PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours, Motion Sickness & Bonine

TheVBs
07-12-2018, 09:48 AM
The DDs and I are fairly susceptible to motion sickness. We've had some pretty good results taking Bonine. The girls really want to try Star Tours on the next trip, and I'm wondering if anyone who's prone to motion sickness has successfully done this ride with the help of Bonine. I wouldn't try it myself. I did the ride once years ago, not realizing until we got on that it was a simulator and I got horribly sick afterwards. Just wondering if they should even try this. Nothing is worse than being sick in Disney.

Figment!
07-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Yes, I take Bonine to go on this and other Disney rides. Didn't used to bother me, but as I got older my motion sickness has gotten worse.

Still a few of the sequences that seem out of sync between video and motion of the car that I need to close my eyes for, but on the whole I can enjoy this ride again with Bonine.

Eponine178
07-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Yes, I take Bonine to go on this and other Disney rides. Didn't used to bother me, but as I got older my motion sickness has gotten worse.

Still a few of the sequences that seem out of sync between video and motion of the car that I need to close my eyes for, but on the whole I can enjoy this ride again with Bonine.

I do get motion sickness every once in a while on rides, but I'm usually ok on Star Tours (but the teacups kill me!). Everyone is different. I also find that there are certain scenes on this ride that make me a little sick, but I just close my eyes and I'm fine.

My husband has recently started taking motion sickness meds each morning when we go to the parks and that helps a lot. But he also makes sure to always have a little something in his stomach. Seems odd, but if he does a ride on an empty stomach, it is much worse for him. A good reason to snack!

hueyrulz
07-13-2018, 08:00 AM
I take Bonine each morning before going to parks. I sometimes feel my stomach a little, but never get motion sickness. I think it helps.

Cinderelley
07-14-2018, 02:18 AM
Perhaps they can try it as a last ride of the day. That way if it affects them even with the Bonine, they can just go back to the room and rest.

texas211
07-14-2018, 08:20 AM
Good thing you never rode, Body Wars.

TheVBs
07-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Thank you for all the feedback! We will definitely pack the Bonine and if the girls want to ride Star Tours, we'll make it the last ride before heading out.