PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ 60 Days (+10) unfair

SignguyTom
07-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Hello,

We are headed to WDW with a party of 7 in 59 days. We are staying 10 nights, being split between the BWV and VWL (Boulder Ridge). Yesterday morning we got up at 4am to login to MDE to make our FP+ selections. 60 days out, almost to the minute with the East/West coast time difference. Slinky Dog was sold out until our 8th day. The mine train was sold out until 3pm on our 2nd day, and Flights of Passage sold out until 6pm on our 3rd day. Unreal. Tried to have a tour plan in place to make best use of our time, but had to throw it completely out the window since we had to settle for what was available. Gonna be crossing the parks and backtracking a couple times. I realize these are the most popular rides at WDW at the moment, but c'mon, man! We love to plan and thought it would be fun, but it ended up being BY FAR the most stressful and frustrating part of the process so far. Same feeling as camping out for concert tickets, being 3rd in line, and they sell out before you get to the window.

I guess the lesson is you must wait until towards the end of your trip to have a chance for certain FP+ attractions. Ran into the exact same issue making ADR's at the 180 day window with 'Ohana and Be Our Guest Dinner.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2018, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience! It is true that there is often better availability towards the end of the trip, but I also find that FP+ availability isn't always the best first thing in the morning. Last two trips, I've taken what I could get early, and then fiddled over the next couple of days to get closer to the times I wanted.

PopPhan
07-11-2018, 02:43 PM
First off, FP+ options are not 'sold,' they are selected.

Second, if you want something, you have to be flexible and start looking for openings on you last day first and work backwards. Your 60th day is someone else's +10 day.

Third, I concur with you on the criss-crossing and backtracking. It IS frustrating, but when you have an hour 'window' for any FP+, it is difficult to book so far in advance and have a smooth passage around any of the parks.

Take a breath, book what you can, then try daily to adjust any of them for better times/dates/etc.

Snow's Mom
07-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Just think if you had to do FP selections 30 days out! Or had a 3-day trip. Realistically, some people can't get the really popular fast passes. It may have been stressful, and you may have to make some adjustments, but you got them! Whew!

Cinderelley
07-12-2018, 01:41 AM
I despise fastpass +. It's a vacation, not a job.

TheVBs
07-12-2018, 08:07 AM
I agree that it can be stressful and initial selections are not always ideal. But, we have had a lot of success getting the FPs we want and sticking to our touring plan. We tweak things to avoid backtracking and make plans to enjoy another attraction while we wait for a FP to come up. So far, any stress that causes has been far outweighed by the knowledge that we'll get to do all the new rides and our old favorites. It can be a stressful process, but for us, it takes the stress of worrying about being able to get on a ride out of the trip itself.

1DisneyNut
07-12-2018, 09:21 AM
It is frustrating for sure. We recently cancelled a trip because of the aggravation that ensued with trying to schedule the FP+'s and dining. Right now the parks are staying busy and I think it is due to all the new attractions opening. I just wonder what will happen when there aren't new attractions coming along steadily anymore because it is pretty evident that FP+ isn't liked near as much as Disney wants everyone to believe.

Speedy1998
07-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Just think if you had to do FP selections 30 days out! Or had a 3-day trip. Realistically, some people can't get the really popular fast passes. It may have been stressful, and you may have to make some adjustments, but you got them! Whew!

Amen to that. I have been staying offsite for years (just not willing to pay for a Disney resort when I can get a 3 bed, 3 bath Condo for less then the cost of one room at an one of the Value resorts). There are many new attractions that I have yet to ride. Keep looking though, I was able to snag some FPs for the new Frozen ride in Norway at the 30 day mark.

Polynesian Dweller
07-12-2018, 05:48 PM
I despise fastpass +. It's a vacation, not a job.

Yeah, but no system is great. We go back to the era before any fastpass and the entire vacation was spent in long twisting lines of 1hr or more. Then came the paper fastpass and the vacation then was running from machine to machine hoping you’d get a fastpass at all. You had no choice of time of the FP you put up with whatever time you got. And much of the time all FPs, even late day times were gone by mid morning. Oh yeah. Then there was the tour guide who jumped in line and took 60 FPs for their group and everything was gone. There were many trips when we could never get a paper FP for favourite rides. Now that really is frustrating

Sure FP+ requires some effort but now I go on the vacation and know I will get on the rides I want and that is far less stressful than not knowing. Since it came into play we have never missed an attraction we want. As a PP said, you just have to be flexible and keep searching. Having lived through the alternatives I’ll take FP+ over the others.

RunDMV
07-12-2018, 07:27 PM
It is frustrating for sure. We recently cancelled a trip because of the aggravation that ensued with trying to schedule the FP+'s and dining. Right now the parks are staying busy and I think it is due to all the new attractions opening. I just wonder what will happen when there aren't new attractions coming along steadily anymore because it is pretty evident that FP+ isn't liked near as much as Disney wants everyone to believe.
I TOTALLY agree with your last sentence. And the ones who defend it, do so half-heartedly. They try to rationalize it rather than support it. It is a horrible system and I hate everything about it.

RunDMV
07-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but no system is great. We go back to the era before any fastpass and the entire vacation was spent in long twisting lines of 1hr or more. Then came the paper fastpass and the vacation then was running from machine to machine hoping you’d get a fastpass at all. You had no choice of time of the FP you put up with whatever time you got. And much of the time all FPs, even late day times were gone by mid morning. Oh yeah. Then there was the tour guide who jumped in line and took 60 FPs for their group and everything was gone. There were many trips when we could never get a paper FP for favourite rides. Now that really is frustrating

Sure FP+ requires some effort but now I go on the vacation and know I will get on the rides I want and that is far less stressful than not knowing. Since it came into play we have never missed an attraction we want. As a PP said, you just have to be flexible and keep searching. Having lived through the alternatives I’ll take FP+ over the others.

You describe a situation I have never encountered. FP was a good system. The only ride that was ever out of FPs for the day was TSM.

The old I-had-to-run-all-over-the-park-to-get-FPs line is my favorite. Disney could still have the FP+ system they have today but take away the 60 day requirement. No FP til you are in the park. But you have to understand, FP was not for the guest. It was for the bean counters.

It's a horrible system and I hate everything about it.

Speedy1998
07-13-2018, 12:51 PM
But you have to understand, FP was not for the guest. It was for the bean counters.

I disagree somewhat with this. The original FP was sort of for the guest and sort of for the bean counters, as you can not spend money if you are physically standing in line (but if you are in a shop down the street from the attraction waiting for your FP time....). FP+ on the other hand I think is for park operations, it gives them data about how busy they can expect the parks to be and helps them tailor the CMs schedules accordingly.

MNNHFLTX
07-14-2018, 01:42 PM
To the OP, sorry for the frustration. I am a planner too, when it comes to vacations, but do not enjoy the degree of planning required for a Disney trip anymore. And it makes me sad to read through comments about people feeling lucky to just get on a favorite ride during their trip. No one should go to Disney World and pay oodles of money to do so and then feel like it was a privilege to see an attraction. There is something wrong there. :(

RunDMV
07-14-2018, 04:28 PM
I disagree somewhat with this. The original FP was sort of for the guest and sort of for the bean counters, as you can not spend money if you are physically standing in line (but if you are in a shop down the street from the attraction waiting for your FP time....). FP+ on the other hand I think is for park operations, it gives them data about how busy they can expect the parks to be and helps them tailor the CMs schedules accordingly.

That's what I meant, sorry. FP+ was for the bean counters. There was absolutely no thought to the guest experience when it was conceived. It was all about counting beans.

RunDMV
07-14-2018, 04:32 PM
No one should go to Disney World and pay oodles of money to do so and then feel like it was a privilege to see an attraction. There is something wrong there. :(

100% spot on. Get rid of that stupid 60/30 day window. Get rid of the idiotic tier system. Change the system so it's like the first generation of FP that you can get a FP once you enter the gate.

Unfortunately, Disney has more (intrusive) plans with this technology than you can ever imagine.

Snow's Mom
07-14-2018, 05:21 PM
I agree, there's too much planning (and I am a planner). But the OP got FP+ for everything wanted, right? So no reason to be sad. The crowds keep coming and Disney has to keep adjusting. I'm not saying it's a great system, but it works for now. WDW is not a stress-free vacation for the person in charge of planning, that's for sure.

merciantinkerbell
07-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Puts on tin hat and flame proof cloak. Ok, this won't be popular but I like the new system. Sure its stressful when the mark hits and you're trying to get your ADR's or Fastpasses but the going to each ride and finding no passes left or at a time you couldn't do for whatever reason was way more stressful, especially when you factor in a not-as-healthy-as-used-to-be-40+ woman pushing disabled hubby in wheelchair all over the park and sometimes for nothing.
This new system means we know when and where eating and we have our favourite rides/attractions booked so everything else such as rest breaks, medications etc can all be fitted in with little to no stress. Much better for us but I do understand its not everyone's cup of tea,
Ducks back down behind parapet.

VWL Mom
07-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Puts on tin hat and flame proof cloak. Ok, this won't be popular but I like the new system. Sure its stressful when the mark hits and you're trying to get your ADR's or Fastpasses but the going to each ride and finding no passes left or at a time you couldn't do for whatever reason was way more stressful, especially when you factor in a not-as-healthy-as-used-to-be-40+ woman pushing disabled hubby in wheelchair all over the park and sometimes for nothing.
This new system means we know when and where eating and we have our favourite rides/attractions booked so everything else such as rest breaks, medications etc can all be fitted in with little to no stress. Much better for us but I do understand its not everyone's cup of tea,
Ducks back down behind parapet.
:exactly:
I rather have the "stress" now than when I'm there on vacation. Honestly though, if this is the biggest "stress" in my life, I'd be grateful.

lindique
07-15-2018, 03:55 PM
As someone who doesn't find getting up at 6:00 to make rope drop to be part of a restful, relaxing vacation, I am another person who likes the current fast pass system. I am able to get to the park at whatever time I like and still have short waits for 3 of the most popular rides.

RunDMV
07-15-2018, 07:40 PM
As someone who doesn't find getting up at 6:00 to make rope drop to be part of a restful, relaxing vacation, I am another person who likes the current fast pass system. I am able to get to the park at whatever time I like and still have short waits for 3 of the most popular rides.

That's just a strawman argument. I never was a rope drop person. With the exception of TSM, I never had an issue with getting a FP.

Disney has now fooled people into believing that getting a FP for a ride that doesn't need a FP is a bonus.

If you live in Florida, the FP+ is even worse. You just can't decide to make a last minute trip because headliner rides are out if FPs.

With FP, we routinely obtained FPs for 8+ rides a day. (Rides that WE wanted to go on, not rides that Disney gave us permission to ride.) With FP+ we rarely use more than 2 or 3 FPs a day because of the idiotic tier system.

We ROUTINELY obtain FPs for rides we NEVER intend to even ride just so we can get past the even more idiotic three FP limit.

I despise seeing everyone in the park with their heads burried in the MDE app. I even more despise that Disney can pull up your magic band number and literally follow your every footstep through the park.

Cinderelley
07-16-2018, 01:55 AM
Merciantinkerbell, no reason to run for cover. We can respect differing opinions.

I never did rope drop either and liked the old fastpass system better. I cannot do ToT, RnR, etc , so that may factor into it.

I would hazard a guess that people who like their days regimented enjoy the new fastpass + system. I don't like being tied down to predetermined plans, so I really don't like it. I also don't like having fastpasses just to use up three. I am sure someone else would like to have those fastpasses that I'm just "meh" about.

PopPhan
07-16-2018, 07:55 AM
100% spot on. Get rid of that stupid 60/30 day window. Get rid of the idiotic tier system. Change the system so it's like the first generation of FP that you can get a FP once you enter the gate.

Unfortunately, Disney has more (intrusive) plans with this technology than you can ever imagine.

Maybe they should just issue the things they did for Year Of A Million Dreams -- the "Dream Fast Pass" lanyard. It had anywhere from 4 to 8 fastpass 'ticket' stubs on it that could be used any time during a single day. One 'stub' for each (or a set of) attractions with no time window.

Found these on another site:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/RoboWDW/WDW%20Pictures/Dream-FP-Front.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/kjm71958/001-9.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp155/ChuckersPics/FP.jpg

AvonleaCF
07-23-2018, 08:05 PM
I am a massive planner and hate FP+. I used to plan my first few days of the trip and then play the "go to the park of whichever bus shows up first" game. In all my September trips before 2 years ago I never even got paper FP's cause I didn't need them; longest wait back then was Soarin at maybe 40 min. I have a picture of Space Mountain at like 11am with a 10 min wait.

Things have changed drastically in just a few short years. Lines are way longer so if you don't have any FP's you feel gipped. Last year Hurricane Irma caused me to cancel my trip and re-book for a month later. I lost all my 60-day FP's and had to book at 30 days and there was nothing good left; only rides that don't need FP to begin with.

I agree with the statement that everyone's heads are buried in theirs phones all day. And if the system goes down everything is chaos. I miss a nice, spontaneous trip. Cause even as I type this I know, deep down, that when I'm there and use my first 3 FP's, I'll be logging into that app looking for another. And I'll spend more park time waiting around for my window cause I don't feel like back-tracking when I'm 15 min early.

But oh well. Even all that above is still better than a week at work.

Cinderelley
07-23-2018, 10:22 PM
The Disneyland version is so much better. You can't start getting your fastpasses until you are in the park. People still have their heads buried with their phones though.

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2018, 12:32 PM
The Disneyland version is so much better. You can't start getting your fastpasses until you are in the park. People still have their heads buried with their phones though.

And THAT is what I hate most of all... With all the beautiful scenery in the Disney parks, everyone has their head down in their phones...it's bad enough people have to get in that last FB status update or read the latest tweet or gotta get that Instagram picture uploaded before someone else does... Never mind that you can upload your pictures when back at the hotel, nope... That is when people put their phones away and...... STARE AT A TV....

Disney has only made it a necessity now to have to stare at the phone all day in the parks... But I guess that is the generation we live in today...

As for FP+ yea I hate it... but I have gotten used to using it and now I use it to my benefit... And it benefits Disney nothing because I don't spend more time buying or eating.... Sorry Disney, your plan to get me to buy more isn't working... :)

TheVBs
07-29-2018, 09:56 AM
This is one of those features that people are going to love or hate no matter what perspective someone else has. I thought we would hate it, but we don't. It's been working for us. We like knowing that we won't have a long wait for rides that are super popular. That's the important qualifier - "long wait". Not that we *can't* ride something, because we can always choose the long line. We still have spontaneity and make choices in the park. Our faces are not buried in our phones all day. Although, yeah, we see that, even on rides!! If you're the kind of person who's going to look at your phone all day in a Disney park, you're going to do it whether there's FP+ or not. If you're one of the people who absolutely hate FP+ and feel that it keeps you from enjoying your trip, I genuinely sympathize. That would be an awful feeling. But telling the people who do like it that they really don't like it, and they're not really benefiting from it, is just very silly.

RunDMV
07-30-2018, 07:24 AM
This is one of those features that people are going to love or hate no matter what perspective someone else has. I thought we would hate it, but we don't. It's been working for us. We like knowing that we won't have a long wait for rides that are super popular. That's the important qualifier - "long wait". Not that we *can't* ride something, because we can always choose the long line. We still have spontaneity and make choices in the park. Our faces are not buried in our phones all day. Although, yeah, we see that, even on rides!! If you're the kind of person who's going to look at your phone all day in a Disney park, you're going to do it whether there's FP+ or not. If you're one of the people who absolutely hate FP+ and feel that it keeps you from enjoying your trip, I genuinely sympathize. That would be an awful feeling. But telling the people who do like it that they really don't like it, and they're not really benefiting from it, is just very silly.

I still don't understand that logic. You can't get two top tier rides on FP+. Unless you plan a late FP+ for a top tier and hit rope drop to get on another top tier, you'll just get one headliner ride. (And the old I-Hate-rope-drop argument is negated.) What is the point to spending mega $$$$ to get in the park only to get limited rides.

We used to get 8+ fps of rides WE wanted to get on. We are now lucky if we get two. We took a trip to Epcot Saturday and didn't get on a single attraction because at 0700, there was nothing really available until 1300, they we're rides we didn't have much interest in anyway. (LWtL - please!)

Over all, it is a failure for the guest. Reviews of FP+ on any number of web site bear that out.

When this AP is finished, we are done.

1DisneyNut
07-30-2018, 09:24 AM
We have a special group event for cheerleaders coming up in a few months that we are supposed to attend. We are having to force ourselves to go through the process. We almost didn't get to go at all because we lacked enough motivation to even fill out and send in the paperwork with the deposit. It is sad because we used to get all crazy with excitement when any reason to go to WDW came up but now we pretty much dread doing all the required scheduling and don't look forward to having to be on said schedule when we are there.

Like RunDMV said, everywhere you look, the reviews of FP+ are primarily negative. Right now attendance makes it appear otherwise but my guess is that all of the new attractions along with all of the marketing, advertising and discount promos that have been going on is drawing people in. We will find out just how much people really like or dislike the recent changes when the cycle swings the other direction.

Isabella
07-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Ahhhh first world problems....

I find that whatever the system is I've learned to adjust. I realize that not everyone does things the same way I do, and that's okay.

I'm so sorry for the frustration of the OP and totally understand especially if you're not used to using the FP+ system. I'm really glad you got all you wanted, just not necessarily when. I hope you have an amazing trip and can enjoy being there!

TheVBs
07-30-2018, 05:00 PM
I still don't understand that logic. You can't get two top tier rides on FP+. Unless you plan a late FP+ for a top tier and hit rope drop to get on another top tier, you'll just get one headliner ride. (And the old I-Hate-rope-drop argument is negated.) What is the point to spending mega $$$$ to get in the park only to get limited rides.

We used to get 8+ fps of rides WE wanted to get on. We are now lucky if we get two. We took a trip to Epcot Saturday and didn't get on a single attraction because at 0700, there was nothing really available until 1300, they we're rides we didn't have much interest in anyway. (LWtL - please!)

Over all, it is a failure for the guest. Reviews of FP+ on any number of web site bear that out.

When this AP is finished, we are done.

Okay, good questions here, and one thing I should have shared is that we typically spend 9-10 days in the parks. Therefore, we get multiple tier 1 rides but spread out over different days.

I should also share that we were never rope drop people. But, you can't just say that argument isn't valid from someone else's perspective, because they made it clear that this is working better for them.

And another important point to share is that we never would get 8+ FP under the old system. We would grab 2-3 at the most typically. So that's a huge difference in the way we do the parks.

So, with all of the above contrasts in how your family and our family do the parks, it totally makes sense why you're dissatisfied with it, and why we feel it's working well for us. I'm not negating your experiences. I'm also not trying to convince you you're wrong. Your experience is your experience. But I stand by my statement that it's just silly to tell someone else that something isn't working for them, when they know that it is. Ditto for your reversed perspective. Hope that makes sense!

1DisneyNut
07-31-2018, 09:39 AM
Okay, good questions here, and one thing I should have shared is that we typically spend 9-10 days in the parks. Therefore, we get multiple tier 1 rides but spread out over different days.

I should also share that we were never rope drop people. But, you can't just say that argument isn't valid from someone else's perspective, because they made it clear that this is working better for them.

And another important point to share is that we never would get 8+ FP under the old system. We would grab 2-3 at the most typically. So that's a huge difference in the way we do the parks.

So, with all of the above contrasts in how your family and our family do the parks, it totally makes sense why you're dissatisfied with it, and why we feel it's working well for us. I'm not negating your experiences. I'm also not trying to convince you you're wrong. Your experience is your experience. But I stand by my statement that it's just silly to tell someone else that something isn't working for them, when they know that it is. Ditto for your reversed perspective. Hope that makes sense!

I have always said from when it was introduced that the FP+ system would probably work better for those that get to the parks later. A lot of people come rolling in around late morning to lunch. That is why the park gets so busy and the lines get long around 1 or 2PM.

On the other hand, the people it has a negative impact on the most are the ones that enter the parks early, especially those that are there at rope drop. The reason being is because people schedule FP+'s for first thing in the morning and some are already in the parks for breakfast reservations and go straight to the attractions. So now because of FP+, the standby wait can almost immediately go to 45 minutes or longer instead of being able to walk right on.

The fix to this problem is actually pretty easy. They could simply change the system to where FP+'s are not available for times prior to 2 hours after park opening. It really would be that simple.

VWL Mom
07-31-2018, 09:56 AM
The fix to this problem is actually pretty easy. They could simply change the system to where FP+'s are not available for times prior to 2 hours after park opening. It really would be that simple.
That's actually not a bad idea.

1DisneyNut
07-31-2018, 11:13 AM
That's actually not a bad idea.

It just came to me the other day while thinking about the cheerleading event we have coming up in a few months. One simple little change not having FP+'s for the first two hours each day would solve my biggest gripe about the system. I still wouldn't like it but at least when I first got to the park in the morning I would be able to walk on some rides for a couple of hours and enjoy myself before the madness begins.

merciantinkerbell
08-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Ok, so reading this thread I appear to be in a minority of 1. As I said before, we like Fastpass+ because due to hubby's medical conditions and disabilities we can only spend a few hours in a park. For us, we go at rope drop or not long after because we get up early due to time sensitive medications so those 3 fastpasses we can get in those first few hours means we can get favourite rides/attractions done and if we have to leave due to hubby's limitations we don't feel its been waste of time or money. If we can stay longer and stand-by anything else its a bonus.

TheVBs
08-02-2018, 07:00 AM
mercaintinkerbell, you're not a minority of one, other people, myself included, have said they like it and it works for them.

1DisneyNut, no FP for the first couple of hours is a good idea. You should send the suggestion to WDW.

VWL Mom
08-02-2018, 07:42 AM
It just came to me the other day while thinking about the cheerleading event we have coming up in a few months. One simple little change not having FP+'s for the first two hours each day would solve my biggest gripe about the system. I still wouldn't like it but at least when I first got to the park in the morning I would be able to walk on some rides for a couple of hours and enjoy myself before the madness begins.
If I remember correctly, when the original FP were introduced many moons ago, the first return time issued was 1030am for some rides.

1DisneyNut
08-02-2018, 09:50 AM
1DisneyNut, no FP for the first couple of hours is a good idea. You should send the suggestion to WDW.

I emailed the suggestion to them. Maybe they will give it a try.

buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2018, 02:20 PM
I hated the idea of FP+ when it was first announced. I actually held on to that hate for a while. However, on our last several vacations it actually worked in our favor. I prefer the new system over the old system, wholeheartedly - not half heartedly as someone else put it. LOL.

We are not rope drop people. We are not morning people. We found that with the old system by the time we moseyed into the parks several rides were already out of FP for the day. So we either had to wait in standby or skip it if we felt the wait was too long. We have had better luck getting FP+ for rides we want with the new system. I can book our FP+ starting mid to late morning and not have to worry about if the ride will run out of FP before we arrive and make our way to the FP kiosk. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any issues getting the FP+ I want for any of our trips at our 60 day mark. And we have had great luck adding FP's as our day goes on. The amount of time it takes us to look in the app and find a suitable FP does not bother us at all. If I am in a line and just scanned my current FP it only takes a few minutes while waiting in line to hop on the app and find our next FP. Sometimes it works out better than other times, but we've been pretty lucky. And I haven't felt like my face is always in my phone, like I thought I would.

ransam
08-16-2018, 01:29 PM
what i have found is that if you check back every now and then, you will find openings. People change, cancel trips, or some just get opened up. Just keep checking...some may think of it as a pain, i like checking my disney app and playing w/ times.

Cinderelley
08-18-2018, 02:01 AM
For those that like the fastpass + system, do you always stay on-site and get the 60 day + window?

buzznwoodysmom
08-18-2018, 10:21 AM
For those that like the fastpass + system, do you always stay on-site and get the 60 day + window?

Yes, we always stay onsite. I probably wouldn't be a fan of the new system if we didn't stay onsite.

PopPhan
08-18-2018, 01:29 PM

Yup! Just made my FP+ picks for my October trip yesterday!! The one hour window can be a pain to work around, but being set with some things 60 days before I arrive is well worth it to me.

merciantinkerbell
08-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Yup! Just made my FP+ picks for my October trip yesterday!! The one hour window can be a pain to work around, but being set with some things 60 days before I arrive is well worth it to me.

Agree

Cinderelley
08-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Yes, we always stay onsite. I probably wouldn't be a fan of the new system if we didn't stay onsite.

This was what I was wondering.

TheVBs
08-19-2018, 06:14 AM
We stay onsite as well. I realize staying offsite and not getting that 60 day head start is a different story. But, we just can't imagine a visit not being onsite. I did it once years ago with my mom and sister. Very nice hotel, but it took away the immersion that we value so much. The trip lost the overall Disney feel that we look for.

Cinderelley
08-20-2018, 02:16 AM
We stay onsite as well. I realize staying offsite and not getting that 60 day head start is a different story. But, we just can't imagine a visit not being onsite. I did it once years ago with my mom and sister. Very nice hotel, but it took away the immersion that we value so much. The trip lost the overall Disney feel that we look for.

I find it more stressful to stay offsite. They have priced an onsite visit out of a lot of people’s budgets though.

Kerry
08-29-2018, 07:19 PM
We stay onsite and I am up early to make everyone's fast pass. We go with my son and his family once a year. I am the planner and I get stressed over the entire thing! We always stay Club Level, but I like making sure everything is done right. Well, this year they started something new for CL guests! You can pay an extra fee for an additional 3 fast passes per guests per day and these can be made 90 days in advance!!! So, my son gets the brilliant idea to do this. I told him, to go right ahead and pay the money if he wants to for his family, but my husband and I would not be doing it. He was able to have Signature Services book all his Fast Passes at 90 days for the 5 of them and they were able to get everything they wanted at the times they wanted. When my 60 days came I booked a couple things to do with them and managed to get the same times as them.

SignguyTom
09-07-2018, 11:36 AM
I think we have learned a lesson with our experience with the 60 (+10) day booking window. Next trip we will book the most important FP+ attractions at the END of our trip. Use the beginning of it for things like golf, Disney Springs, resort hopping etc. We will have a better selection of available times the farther out we book. Thing is, we are now contributing to the very issue (see original post) that irks me the most. FP+ seems to be putting guests in a competition against each other. Feels a bit like 'Lord of the Flies' ;)

PopPhan
09-07-2018, 11:39 AM
I think we have learned a lesson with our experience with the 60 (+10) day booking window. Next trip we will book the most important FP+ attractions at the END of our trip. Use the beginning of it for things like golf, Disney Springs, resort hopping etc. We will have a better selection of available times the farther out we book. Thing is, we are now contributing to the very issue (see original post) that irks me the most. FP+ seems to be putting guests in a competition against each other. Feels a bit like 'Lord of the Flies' ;)

This has always been my procedure...Easiest to get 'hard to secure' FP+ options closer to the end of my trips. I start with my lsat day and work backward. Sometimes I can get 'the good ones' two or three times and release what I don't need once everything is booked.

buzznwoodysmom
09-07-2018, 02:34 PM

This has been my strategy since FP+ started. We still do parks at the beginning of our trip, but just book the most difficult attractions towards the end of the trip first. This is just one of the ways hopping comes in handy for us. We can plan AK as our last park day and book FOP for that day first, then fill in the rest of our days next. In the event we can also pick up a FOP FP on a different day I can either keep the FP for FOP for both days and just hop to another park after we ride it, or I can cancel the FP for our last day.