PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Land 2019

baldburke
07-09-2018, 01:30 PM
With TSL now open and SWL only a year away, how are things shaping up at WDW (and WDL)? Is progress visibly noticeable? I didn't see a firm opening date, but is anyone booked for 2019 already in prep for the SWL land opening?

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Looking at aerial pictures, still lots to be done... Not thinking about 2019 yet.. Well, a little I am I guess... Heading back down in October of this year... Want to spend my birthday there next year... Haven't done that... And birthday is in August... So who knows? Maybe I will go August and if I dare, when Galaxy's Edge opens...

Figment!
07-09-2018, 08:51 PM
From Walt Disney Imagineering Narrows Opening Dates for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?217055-Walt-Disney-Imagineering-Narrows-Opening-Dates-for-Star-Wars-Galaxy-s-Edge):

Late Fall 2019 at Walt Disney World Resort

Disneyland's looks further along, but is also opening potentially 5 -6 months earlier. Their spires can be seen from the Railroad and looked fairly complete in May.

baldburke
07-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Looking at aerial pictures, still lots to be done... Not thinking about 2019 yet.. Well, a little I am I guess... Heading back down in October of this year... Want to spend my birthday there next year... Haven't done that... And birthday is in August... So who knows? Maybe I will go August and if I dare, when Galaxy's Edge opens...

DizneyFreak...welcome back! You've been lurking in the shadows? It's good to see you back on the boards. I think we'll wait a year until the hype passes. I'm betting it's going to be way bigger than TSL or WOA as far as crowds and demand.

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2018, 06:38 PM
DizneyFreak...welcome back! You've been lurking in the shadows? It's good to see you back on the boards. I think we'll wait a year until the hype passes. I'm betting it's going to be way bigger than TSL or WOA as far as crowds and demand.

Yea waiting 5 hours just to enter the land isn't really appealing to me lol...

Cinderelley
07-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Some of us are meeting up in October if the timing is right and you want to join us, feel free to throw your 2 cents in.

#1donaldfan
07-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Yea waiting 5 hours just to enter the land isn't really appealing to me lol...

We opened up TSL and got into line at 5:10 AM, allowed in at 6 and rode both rides by 6:45 am, but while playing in the rest of the park later that morning, around 10 AM, if memory serves me correctly, the line was being extended to the "gate" where Star Wars land is due to be .... the CM's applying the masking tape to the ground told us from that point was approx a 7 hour wait ... and that was just to get to TSL .... it was CRAZY that morning, so my guess is when I get to open Star Wars, I'll have to be in line by midnight ...... I'm sure it (Star Wars) will far exceed the opening of TSL .... guessing of course ...

baldburke
07-12-2018, 12:48 PM
We opened up TSL and got into line at 5:10 AM, allowed in at 6 and rode both rides by 6:45 am, but while playing in the rest of the park later that morning, around 10 AM, if memory serves me correctly, the line was being extended to the "gate" where Star Wars land is due to be .... the CM's applying the masking tape to the ground told us from that point was approx a 7 hour wait ... and that was just to get to TSL .... it was CRAZY that morning, so my guess is when I get to open Star Wars, I'll have to be in line by midnight ...... I'm sure it (Star Wars) will far exceed the opening of TSL .... guessing of course ...

Wait...five and seven hour waits just to get into TSL now? We have fastpasses for the TSL attractions about 30 days out from today. Will we need to stand on line for hours just to get in to TSL hten just to wait to use our fastpasses?

Goofy4TheWorld
07-12-2018, 12:52 PM
....so my guess is when I get to open Star Wars, I'll have to be in line by midnight ......

WRONG!

The line started months ago, people have been lining up since August 2015 and current standby time is posted as 92 hours!

:D

Cinderelley
07-13-2018, 02:14 AM
I can't think of anything that I would stand in a 5 hour line for.

Cinderelley
07-14-2018, 02:14 AM
Wait...five and seven hour waits just to get into TSL now? We have fastpasses for the TSL attractions about 30 days out from today. Will we need to stand on line for hours just to get in to TSL hten just to wait to use our fastpasses?

Hmm, that is an interesting question. What if you can't get in for your fastpass time?

Cinderelley
07-14-2018, 02:15 AM
What are the chances that they will have a pay-to-preview SWL when it opens next year like they did for Pixar Pier? I would be interested in taking my son to that.

Figment!
07-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Wait...five and seven hour waits just to get into TSL now? We have fastpasses for the TSL attractions about 30 days out from today. Will we need to stand on line for hours just to get in to TSL hten just to wait to use our fastpasses? My understanding is that it has changed significantly since opening day--still busy; just not the same extreme.

Recent Guest reports have indicated that during the park's nighttime entertainment or right before park close is a good time to visit the land with minimal wait times for attractions.

What are the chances that they will have a pay-to-preview SWL when it opens next year like they did for Pixar Pier? I would be interested in taking my son to that. Hard to say with only one data point, but it seems likely given the growing trend in other 'after hours" type hard ticket events.

Cinderelley
07-15-2018, 02:33 AM
My understanding is that it has changed significantly since opening day--still busy; just not the same extreme.

Recent Guest reports have indicated that during the park's nighttime entertainment or right before park close is a good time to visit the land with minimal wait times for attractions.

Hard to say with only one data point, but it seems likely given the growing trend in other 'after hours" type hard ticket events.

Thank you Figment

#1donaldfan
07-17-2018, 12:14 PM
WRONG!

The line started months ago, people have been lining up since August 2015 and current standby time is posted as 92 hours!

:D

Well, I suppose I'll be among those waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting ... and ... waiting ....

#1donaldfan
07-17-2018, 12:15 PM
Hmm, that is an interesting question. What if you can't get in for your fastpass time?

I'm sure a few days after opening the lines were a more manageable time ... that was an assessment of opening day only .... it was INSANE !!

baldburke
07-17-2018, 12:58 PM
My understanding is that it has changed significantly since opening day--still busy; just not the same extreme.

Thanks for the update!

DizneyFreak2002
07-17-2018, 06:55 PM

Sorry, don't need to see something that bad where I am standing outside a theme park 5:00 AM.. nothing is that appealing to me and I don't have to be one of the first to see something... Not even Galaxy's Edge and I am a huge Star Wars fan... These things will be there next time I do... They aren't going away any time soon... Plus, line will be manageable by then.... I'm good...

Cinderelley
07-18-2018, 12:43 AM
Sorry, don't need to see something that bad where I am standing outside a theme park 5:00 AM.. nothing is that appealing to me and I don't have to be one of the first to see something... Not even Galaxy's Edge and I am a huge Star Wars fan... These things will be there next time I do... They aren't going away any time soon... Plus, line will be manageable by then.... I'm good...

Slightly off topic, what did you think of the Star Wars show at DHS? Is there a "perfect spot" I should get for a Star Wars fan?

#1donaldfan
07-18-2018, 11:19 AM

... I agree with you, not much with Disney is that important, but it was our last day in Florida so it was stand in line super early, knowing we'd get in, or wait till our next trip ... you know the rest .. it turned out pretty good though, we were in and out before it got hot and had the rest of the day to relax by the pool ...

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2018, 12:36 PM
Slightly off topic, what did you think of the Star Wars show at DHS? Is there a "perfect spot" I should get for a Star Wars fan?

Which one??? The fireworks show at night??? Or the one held a few times during the day???

The nighttime fireworks show, well, I think standing back, maybe mid street only because there are fireworks that go off around the perimeter and being too close to the Chinese theater, you don't get the full effect of the pyro... But don't go too far back or else you may not get a very clear view of the projections... Over all, I LOVED IT!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2018, 12:42 PM
... I agree with you, not much with Disney is that important, but it was our last day in Florida so it was stand in line super early, knowing we'd get in, or wait till our next trip ... you know the rest .. it turned out pretty good though, we were in and out before it got hot and had the rest of the day to relax by the pool ...

Glad it worked out for you.... And I hope my post didn't come off as rude in any way... Wasn't my intention... But hey, in reality, we all live our one life... and we want to live our best, most enjoyable life... Main thing is, you enjoyed Toy Story Land... You had fun... That's the main thing... I'm glad you enjoyed it and it worked out great for you!!!!!

I'll be checking out the land in October... From videos I have seen, I like what they did, despite a huge chunk of theme being cut...

Cinderelley
07-25-2018, 02:14 AM
Which one??? The fireworks show at night??? Or the one held a few times during the day???

The nighttime fireworks show, well, I think standing back, maybe mid street only because there are fireworks that go off around the perimeter and being too close to the Chinese theater, you don't get the full effect of the pyro... But don't go too far back or else you may not get a very clear view of the projections... Over all, I LOVED IT!!!!

Yeah, the nighttime show. Thanks for the info.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-25-2018, 10:49 AM

I agree and that approach looks like its going to pay dividends for us at Universal. If we are lucky we only get to Florida once every 3-5 years, and havent' been able to figure out how to work Universal in. We now have a wedding Feb 2019 and it looks like a 3 day stay at Royal Pacific is in order, giving us the Universal Express Pass, which is now good on Harry Potter. So waiting on Diagon Alley and such will have paid off.

#1donaldfan
07-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Glad it worked out for you.... And I hope my post didn't come off as rude in any way... Wasn't my intention... But hey, in reality, we all live our one life... and we want to live our best, most enjoyable life... Main thing is, you enjoyed Toy Story Land... You had fun... That's the main thing... I'm glad you enjoyed it and it worked out great for you!!!!!

I'll be checking out the land in October... From videos I have seen, I like what they did, despite a huge chunk of theme being cut...

I agree with you 100% about living the best we can, our way, with our one life. Spot on there !!! I will say although we enjoyed the new land and new ride. I say ride, as the Alien spin was rather boring and I can promise, I'd never wait more than 30 min for that one. Slinky Dog was a fun ride, much better than the mine train, and we know the lines that sucker can create. You'll enjoy the new sights and sounds but probably not be "blown" away .... it's good, but not that good !! hahaha ..... enjoy in October !!

DizneyFreak2002
07-25-2018, 07:29 PM
I agree and that approach looks like its going to pay dividends for us at Universal. If we are lucky we only get to Florida once every 3-5 years, and havent' been able to figure out how to work Universal in. We now have a wedding Feb 2019 and it looks like a 3 day stay at Royal Pacific is in order, giving us the Universal Express Pass, which is now good on Harry Potter. So waiting on Diagon Alley and such will have paid off.

Did the same thing with Harry Potter... As much as a desire I had seeing Hogsmeade, I stayed away the first year... New crowds would be crazy... Did the same with Diagon Alley... And as much as I can't wait for Galaxy's Edge, I may wait a year after that opening too...

DizneyFreak2002
07-25-2018, 07:34 PM
I agree with you 100% about living the best we can, our way, with our one life. Spot on there !!! I will say although we enjoyed the new land and new ride. I say ride, as the Alien spin was rather boring and I can promise, I'd never wait more than 30 min for that one. Slinky Dog was a fun ride, much better than the mine train, and we know the lines that sucker can create. You'll enjoy the new sights and sounds but probably not be "blown" away .... it's good, but not that good !! hahaha ..... enjoy in October !!

Take a lot to blow me away... From video, I liked what they did... But it will have to look better than Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, the two lands I think are the best two themed lands in theme parks today... And I don't think Toy Story Land, from video anyway, comes close... Pandora on the other hand, blew me away....

Cinderelley
07-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Do you think the crowds will be insane for the 50th?

#1donaldfan
07-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Take a lot to blow me away... From video, I liked what they did... But it will have to look better than Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, the two lands I think are the best two themed lands in theme parks today... And I don't think Toy Story Land, from video anyway, comes close... Pandora on the other hand, blew me away....

Yea, Pandora is amazing along with Flight of the Avatar ... just like the movie and how my mind thought it to be ....

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2018, 06:29 PM
Do you think the crowds will be insane for the 50th?

The crowds were insane for the 40th... They will be even worse for the 50th...

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Yea, Pandora is amazing along with Flight of the Avatar ... just like the movie and how my mind thought it to be ....
Not to toot my own horn here but I knew Pandora was going to be great.... I knew people would love it despite their rantings of never stepping foot into the land... Uh huh, riiiiight lol...

And I still feel the river ride is a gem... I know it doesn't get good or high marks with people, especially in the online community, but man, I love it... And Flight of Passage, gotta say, probably the best ride in Walt Disney World... Splash Mountain has competition for my favorite ride in WDW... But, sorry Disney fans, it doesn't beat Spider-man in Islands of Adventure...

#1donaldfan
08-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Not to toot my own horn here but I knew Pandora was going to be great.... I knew people would love it despite their rantings of never stepping foot into the land... Uh huh, riiiiight lol...

And I still feel the river ride is a gem... I know it doesn't get good or high marks with people, especially in the online community, but man, I love it... And Flight of Passage, gotta say, probably the best ride in Walt Disney World... Splash Mountain has competition for my favorite ride in WDW... But, sorry Disney fans, it doesn't beat Spider-man in Islands of Adventure...

I have to say I agree with ya again with Spider Man ... and while over at Universal, the Butter Beer is a must do, something Disney has not matched ....

As for the river ride ... well, it's a sight to see and very well thought out, but I'm not excited about it ... why not have made it like the Penguin ride over at Sea World, where the car spins around and shimmies to and fro ... same concept, with the sights to see but the added movement would give it a sense of excitement ....

and yea, the reviews about Pandora were horrible, people could not believe how such an "old" movie could stand the test of time at Animal Kingdom ... it did, it does and it will for a very long time !!!

DizneyFreak2002
08-01-2018, 06:22 PM
I have to say I agree with ya again with Spider Man ... and while over at Universal, the Butter Beer is a must do, something Disney has not matched ....

As for the river ride ... well, it's a sight to see and very well thought out, but I'm not excited about it ... why not have made it like the Penguin ride over at Sea World, where the car spins around and shimmies to and fro ... same concept, with the sights to see but the added movement would give it a sense of excitement ....

and yea, the reviews about Pandora were horrible, people could not believe how such an "old" movie could stand the test of time at Animal Kingdom ... it did, it does and it will for a very long time !!!

Disney tried to match Butterbeer with LeFou's Brew... and ugh, gross... I skipped having one in October last year, and tried another LeFou's Brew this past April and was quickly reminded why I hated it... If people like it, I won't judge... I just find the taste disgusting...

Funny, now Disney owns Avatar with the purchase of 20th Century Fox....

#1donaldfan
08-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Disney tried to match Butterbeer with LeFou's Brew... and ugh, gross... I skipped having one in October last year, and tried another LeFou's Brew this past April and was quickly reminded why I hated it... If people like it, I won't judge... I just find the taste disgusting...

Funny, now Disney owns Avatar with the purchase of 20th Century Fox....

Yea, I tried the Magic Kingdoms nasty Lefou's Brew, I wanted to like it too !! We ordered up 4, with the signature souvenir cups .... paid a mint, hoping they would be our butter beer fix since we were not heading over to Universal ... not even close, plus I had to walk around the rest of the day with sticky plastic cups in a bag ... hahaha..... ahhh ... memories !!

WiltonJohn
08-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Disney does not NEED Butter Beer. They already have Dole Whip with Coconut rum. :papple:

best,

...............john

Cinderelley
08-02-2018, 11:56 PM
The crowds were insane for the 40th... They will be even worse for the 50th...

That isn't what I wanted to hear. :( Can't you lie to me every once in a while? :P

#1donaldfan
08-03-2018, 12:01 PM
That isn't what I wanted to hear. :( Can't you lie to me every once in a while? :P

I cannot even imagine how crazy it will be. The opening of Pandora and then of Toy Story Land was ridiculous. ... but you needed a lie ... here goes ... It has been my experience that anniversary celebrations at Disney are very slow times, especially those dates that end with a zero .. so the 50th will, in all likelihood, be a day much like a random, mid-March day. The crowds will be non-existent actually. You will probably not even have to make a fast pass ....

Cinderelley
08-04-2018, 04:08 AM
I cannot even imagine how crazy it will be. The opening of Pandora and then of Toy Story Land was ridiculous. ... but you needed a lie ... here goes ... It has been my experience that anniversary celebrations at Disney are very slow times, especially those dates that end with a zero .. so the 50th will, in all likelihood, be a day much like a random, mid-March day. The crowds will be non-existent actually. You will probably not even have to make a fast pass ....

I feel so much better now. ;)

Cinderelley
08-04-2018, 04:09 AM
Disney does not NEED Butter Beer. They already have Dole Whip with Coconut rum. :papple:

best,

...............john

Does it taste like a pina colada?

WiltonJohn
08-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Kinda'

DizneyFreak2002
08-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Lie: Disney will do a great many things for the 50th!!!!

Cinderelley
08-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Lie: Disney will do a great many things for the 50th!!!!

Between you and #1Donaldfan, I may have to plan a nice relaxing vacation for the 50th that doesn't need fastpass + or ADRs. I can walk around and see all the amazing new things they'll have out without too much of a crowd. :)

DizneyFreak2002
08-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Between you and #1Donaldfan, I may have to plan a nice relaxing vacation for the 50th that doesn't need fastpass + or ADRs. I can walk around and see all the amazing new things they'll have out without too much of a crowd. :)
Yep, the 50th will be slooooow for sure... uh huh... yep.... ;)

#1donaldfan
08-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Exactly !! You got it. You can make this be a first in many Disney vacations to come that require no thought, no planning and no money. That's right, you heard it first, Disney is experimenting on letting guests try out their resorts, dinning experiences and all the parks, free of charge ... simply use the code, FREEISME for planning the 50th .... good luck ... one in 847,743,398 guests will also get a free mother of pearl necklace .... hahahaha .... lies lies lies ....it's all lies !!

DizneyFreak2002
08-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Yep, the 50th will be as slow as the opening of Galaxy's Edge...

Cinderelley
08-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Exactly !! You got it. You can make this be a first in many Disney vacations to come that require no thought, no planning

You nailed my fantasy right there.

#1donaldfan
08-08-2018, 12:13 PM
You nailed my fantasy right there.

Glad to have given you that gem of very truthful knowledge. Now, go forth and tell the world that Disney is changing, changing into a free for all, see and do it all place where our dreams do come true .....

Cinderelley
08-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Glad to have given you that gem of very truthful knowledge. Now, go forth and tell the world that Disney is changing, changing into a free for all, see and do it all place where our dreams do come true .....

I tried, but then they laughed at me. :P

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Elements of the land being installed now...

baldburke
08-20-2018, 01:07 PM
So much going on now in prep for the 50th! Between the addition of two/three Disney owned hotels, infrastructure like the Skyway, revamping the entire DHS parking lot and bus terminals, MK entrance on World drive, the addition of SWL, plus GOTG, Rataouille and Tron attractions all in the queue. Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's more to come in the next 36 months.

DizneyFreak2002
08-20-2018, 07:24 PM
So much going on now in prep for the 50th! Between the addition of two/three Disney owned hotels, infrastructure like the Skyway, revamping the entire DHS parking lot and bus terminals, MK entrance on World drive, the addition of SWL, plus GOTG, Rataouille and Tron attractions all in the queue. Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's more to come in the next 36 months.

New Epcot night time show replacing Illuminations....