PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World's Pet Friendly 'Pilot Program' Sets End Date

Figment!
07-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Introduced on October 15, 2017; Resort Cast are reporting that the 'Pet Friendly' program (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?216051) has scheduled an end date.

Reaffirming that the offering was only a 'Pilot Program', the pet friendly program is currently scheduled to end after a 1 year duration on October 15, 2018.

Guests who have check-in dates beginning on or before October 15, 2018 are eligible to purchase Pluto's Welcome Package for the duration of their stay.

Cast Members and Walt Disney World Guest Communications have stated that there is no further information available on future pet friendly offerings at this time.

magicofdisney
07-01-2018, 03:56 PM
I understand the need for this type of resource, but the number of people that abuse the system is absurd. This, just from stories I read online. Specifically, problem in airports right now are ludicrous.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-02-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm mixed on this. I know some people liked to bring their pets, but many others are allergic, or scared of dogs, so it was a great worry for them. I guess there were more complaints that people who liked it?

#1donaldfan
07-03-2018, 01:59 PM
I can tell you all for certain this program STINKS !!! Literally and Figuratively !! My DD was placed in a room beside someone with a small dog. It barked continuously unless someone was in the room with them. When they checked out, the day of, my DD noticed a few "suites" outside the room. She being a CM asked what was going on .... they let her in to see the damage that tiny dog created. They were removing the urine soaked mattresses and pulling up the carpet. They had already removed the table and chairs that the dog chewed up. How could those people live in that room with such a hideous mess of urine and catastrophic damage ?? They told my daughter those people will be charged with damages and not allowed to bring their dog back ..... unbelievable but true !!!!

texas211
07-06-2018, 02:11 PM
I can tell you all for certain this program STINKS !!! Literally and Figuratively !! My DD was placed in a room beside someone with a small dog. It barked continuously unless someone was in the room with them. When they checked out, the day of, my DD noticed a few "suites" outside the room. She being a CM asked what was going on .... they let her in to see the damage that tiny dog created. They were removing the urine soaked mattresses and pulling up the carpet. They had already removed the table and chairs that the dog chewed up. How could those people live in that room with such a hideous mess of urine and catastrophic damage ?? They told my daughter those people will be charged with damages and not allowed to bring their dog back ..... unbelievable but true !!!!

People can't handle their kids, I don't want them w/ their dogs too.

Yippee dogs are the worse..

Goodbye horrible program. Now if only it'd take FP+ with it.

Cinderelley
07-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Not all pets and pet owners are bad. I'm not sure how often the program was really taken advantage of aside from assistance dogs. It would be very stressful for a dog to be flown or driven a long way to a new place just to be left alone all day. As much as I love the idea of having my dogs with me, I wouldn't want to put them through that, and I'm sure most pet owners realize that too.

mom2morgan
07-07-2018, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure why this ever caused such a fuss. I've stayed onsite at Universal - they are pet friendly, but I've never seen or heard one. I don't even know where the dog walking area is, although I know they had one. As for allergies - anyone can stay in any room of a hotel at any time with a service animal (whether or not the hotel is "pet friendly") and so you could be staying in a room that already had a dog in it and never even know. And I think more and more service animals are being licensed, now that they are used for people with anxiety and PTSD (not just for the blind anymore!) I guess anyone with severe allergies would have to call ahead and ask if there were any rooms set aside that were guaranteed to never have animals in them - I don't know if such a thing exists.

MNNHFLTX
07-09-2018, 07:14 PM
I agree. I love my dogs, but why bring them to Disney World to stress out in a hotel room while I go to the parks, restaurants, etc? That is not the type of vacation for them. And yes, traveling there, whether in a car or plane, would also be stressful.

texas211
07-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Not all pets and pet owners are bad. I'm not sure how often the program was really taken advantage of aside from assistance dogs. It would be very stressful for a dog to be flown or driven a long way to a new place just to be left alone all day. As much as I love the idea of having my dogs with me, I wouldn't want to put them through that, and I'm sure most pet owners realize that too.

Yeah, it only takes one to leave something for me to step into, or hear too much barking :)

Cinderelley
07-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Yeah, it only takes one to leave something for me to step into, or hear too much barking :)

You live in Texas. There's always something for you to step into :P

joanna71985
07-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Wow, that didn't last long