PDA

View Full Version : Getting more FPs after using FPs....

TheVBs
06-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Sorry, but would you guys please remind me how this works? We've never actually tried to get more FPs after using our initial 3. I see that you no longer HAVE to choose 3 in a park. Does this mean that you can choose just one tier 1 ride 60 days out, then see if you can get another tier 1 after using it? Thanks!

PirateLover
06-23-2018, 06:38 PM
Sorry, but would you guys please remind me how this works? We've never actually tried to get more FPs after using our initial 3. I see that you no longer HAVE to choose 3 in a park. Does this mean that you can choose just one tier 1 ride 60 days out, then see if you can get another tier 1 after using it? Thanks!

I really don't know! Good question. Previously, I thought you HAD to use all 3, but recently I've read that you can just cancel the other 2 after you use the first. I haven't heard about not needing to at least initially book all 3.
Not what you're asking, but I thought I'd share one tip someone recently told me, that I did not know about: check the app right after you tap the first Mickey head going into your first FP+ reservation to immediately look for the next one.

Giggy
06-25-2018, 12:21 PM
I know if you have used 3 Fastpasses then it allows you to book any remaining Fastpass, including tier 1 Fastpasses if they are still available. The app shows all remaining Fastpasses and allows you to book one more per person, then a 5th after that and so on.

I have never tried starting the day with less than 3 Fastpasses but I wouldn't have thought there is a system in place to make sure Fastpass #2 and #3 need to be Tier 2 Fastpasses if booked on the day. I think it is just set up so you can only book one tier 1 Fastpass in advance.

TheVBs
06-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the responses! We have to go back and review our choices, but there were days where we just booked one Fastpass. We will likely go ahead and add on the other two, but I wasn't sure how booking more the day of worked with just one reserved. Geez. That last sentence seems so complicated.

VWL Mom
06-26-2018, 06:27 PM
I have never tried starting the day with less than 3 Fastpasses but I wouldn't have thought there is a system in place to make sure Fastpass #2 and #3 need to be Tier 2 Fastpasses if booked on the day. I think it is just set up so you can only book one tier 1 Fastpass in advance.
:exactly:
The systems does not allow another Tier 1 selection until you use #2 and #3, even when switching parks.

Buttercup
06-26-2018, 10:16 PM
I would suggest booking all 3 fastpasses now. There will be virtually nothing left on the day-of so book what you can now!

Once your third fastpass is used (and by "used" I mean, you've just tapped your magic band and are now waiting in the lineup) you can go on your phone to book another one. You can't book any more until each one is used.

Usually the type of rides that you can get last-minute fastpasses on the day of are not the most popular, EG. Journey Into Imagination, Turtle Talk with Crush, Flying Carpets of Aladdin, etc. Sadly none of the "big rides" will be available on the day of.

TheVBs
06-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Thanks Buttercup! We will go back and fill in those FP opportunities.

Snow's Mom
06-28-2018, 09:32 AM
I read that you don't need FP's for some of the rides. Turned out to be busy enough that it wasn't true. Book them. I couldn't believe the waits on what used to be walk-ons.

Also, day-of, the FP offerings vary by the minute. We searched at lunch time until we found two each for Dinosaur and Expedition Everest. Keep trying.

buzznwoodysmom
06-28-2018, 11:41 AM
It is very hard to get a tier 1 day of. Not impossible, but most of them are no longer available day of. I would suggest booking all 3 per day then seeing what else you can get once those are used or the time has expired.

It also depends on what time of year you are visiting. Mardi Gras week 2017 (Feb.) we had no problems continuing to book additional FP's as the day went on once we used our initial 3. We even got a few somewhat hard to come by FP. On our most recent trip, Memorial Day week 2018, once we used our first 3 there wasn't a whole lot left. We were still able to book additional FP but what was available was far less desirable than what we were able to get on that Feb. trip. Also in Feb. we were able to book the extra FP somewhat continuously, one after another without a lot of time between, sometimes going straight to the next ride as soon as we exited one ride. In May our extra FP's seemed to be more spaced out with some time to kill in between.

Speedy1998
06-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Usually the type of rides that you can get last-minute fastpasses on the day of are not the most popular, EG. Journey Into Imagination, Turtle Talk with Crush, Flying Carpets of Aladdin, etc. Sadly none of the "big rides" will be available on the day of.

That has been my experience with FP #4. Usually if I do manage to score a fourth FP it has been for a show (Fantasmic, Festival of the Lion King, etc.)

Giggy
07-08-2018, 12:27 PM
That has been my experience with FP #4. Usually if I do manage to score a fourth FP it has been for a show (Fantasmic, Festival of the Lion King, etc.)

I think it depends on the time of year. When we have gone at quieter times although 7 Dwarves, Avatar, etc were all long gone there were still god Fastpasses available. We managed Pirates of the Caribbean (which had a long line!), Dinosaur and even Test Track on one day! Things that it was worth getting a FP for. :mickey:

magicofdisney
07-08-2018, 01:55 PM
It also depends on party size. We've often done day trips and sometimes snag Big Thunder or Space Mountain for a party of 2.

RunDMV
07-09-2018, 09:39 AM
My experience is you will get a FP for something that doesn't need a FP.

TheVBs
07-11-2018, 06:42 AM
We went back to those days where we had only selected 1 FP and filled in the rest. Not sure we'll even try for more after we use our reserved ones, but it's good to know how it works and what the likely outcome is! Thanks for all the responses!

Allenfow98
11-04-2018, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=buzznwoodysmom;2515872]It is very hard to get a tier 1 day of. Not impossible, but most of them are no longer available day of. I would suggest booking all 3 per day then seeing what else you can get once those are used or the time has expired.

That depends on what day and time of year you go. We were just at Epcot on Wednesday and we used our 3rd around noon. All the tier 1 attractions were available, and not later at night, they were good times. We rolled right into Test Track.
On Thursday we did MK, and used out 3rd for Pan around 2, we could have got FPs for everything except 7DMT, All the other mountains were still available.