PDA

View Full Version : Best Value?

mom2morgan
05-31-2018, 05:07 PM
I have a friend taking her grandkids in September and she'll be staying at a Value. Which is the nicest, and why? Have any been refurbed more recently? What are the food courts like? (as compared to the ones at the moderates, which is what I'm familiar with).

Tippy987
05-31-2018, 05:41 PM
Hi - I had never stayed at a value resort until this past April for my child’s school trip. We stayed at Pop Century. The rooms are very clean and recently remodeled. I loved the room lay out and set up. The food court had a large variety of food to eat - the choices where far greater than deluxe food court. This resort also had their own buses not shared with other value resorts. There are 3 pools and a playground. I would stay there again no problem if I was on a budget or going with a school trip again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoy the trip.

texas211
05-31-2018, 07:39 PM
Not All star..

brownie
05-31-2018, 08:03 PM
Pop Century would be my recommendation. It's been our go to if we're staying at a Value resort. It's nice, has a good size food court, and is newer than the All Stars.

BriarRose0708
06-01-2018, 08:55 AM
I've been to two, Pop (already recommended and I second that) and Sports. I liked Sports, I found the room to be nice and yeah it's small but if you're not going to be in the room that much then it works fine. The themes are over the top at all the Values and it makes staying there quite fun. Hope they have a good time!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Pop is the newest, in that it has just been renovated. I found it to be very loud and busy though, but there were no issues with the room.

It could also be fun to stay in a Little Mermaid room at AoA. They are the furthest rooms, but the resort has large pools and a wonderful food court.

#1donaldfan
06-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Pop is the best value, IMHO ... we have stayed there several times, finding the food court very nice, large selection, but it can get crowded .....

mickeymousedabomb1
06-02-2018, 10:11 PM
My family has stayed at Pop Century twice before. Really enjoyed it!! the fact that it has its own buses (it does not share between the other three value resorts) is a total bonus. We loved the food court,? I didn’t really find it much different then a moderate food court honestly. Have fun planning!! You will definitely get all the answers here, on Intercot, to help you make a decision :-)

brad192
06-17-2018, 12:07 AM
Pop Century would be my choice, as the refurbs are done & the rooms are fresh. The overall atmosphere is fun, and the food court is really pretty good (just avoid the morning rush). It's my "go to " for my WDW trips, as I can't justify more $$ when I only need a place to sleep, prep for the next day, and give me a decent meal after a long day at the parks.Bus service is pretty good too.

disney1026
07-09-2018, 03:42 PM
I agree with the others that said Pop Century. We toured Art of Animation and it definitely looks nice as well. But does cost a bit more than POP.

Cinderelley
07-10-2018, 01:17 AM
Another vote for Pop.

Katzateer
07-10-2018, 07:44 AM
I have stayed at AOA twice and love it but don’t see how it was ever listed as a value resort. The prices are never close to what you can get at the other values. Pop is my home base when I can get a decent rate. Have stayed there at least 10+ times and like it. The All Stars are a big drop in my option as far as atmosphere but the rooms are about the same size. I spend very little time in the room or at the resort so All Stars works if that is all I can book for a good price.