PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe

Priority Four
05-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Do they still have all the sillyness at the restaurant? Going to jail, hollering for ketchup and the like? I heard they had toned it down?

FaithTrustPixieDust
05-24-2018, 10:05 AM
We just ate there a few days ago, and they did not do any of the fun silliness that we used to love. I had heard that it was toned down, but it has been toned WAY WAY WAY down. It is basically a normal restaurant now. A few kids wanted to ask for ketchup, so the servers said that the KIDS could ask for it, but the servers could not. They stood 3 kids up in the middle of a fairly tame restaurant and told them they could scream for the ketchup. That was no fun . . . the kids were petrified and of course not nearly as bold and boisterous as the servers used to be because the restaurant was pretty quiet at the time. The diners before us said there were some stick races, but we did not see any of the shenanigans.

The food and the service was wonderful, but we were very disappointed in the change in atmosphere.

Figment!
05-24-2018, 05:50 PM
The short answer is that Management has directed the restaurant to "turn down the volume" as it was disturbing the Guest rooms located directly above and the adjacent lobby area.

There announcement from Guest Communications and more discussion can be found in Whispering Canyon Cafe To Tone Down Antics (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?217024-Whispering-Canyon-Cafe-To-Tone-Down-Antics)

Also look for discussion from the INTERCOT Live panel on Episode 110 due out soon. (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/default.asp)

We just ate there a few days ago, and they did not do any of the fun silliness that we used to love. I had heard that it was toned down, but it has been toned WAY WAY WAY down. It is basically a normal restaurant now ...

Thanks for the recent report, FaithTrustPixieDust.:thumbsup:

Isabella
05-24-2018, 06:03 PM
INTERCOT podcasts....

A great way to spend your holiday weekend!

Priority Four
05-25-2018, 05:50 PM
All right. That does not sound like near as much fun.

mom2morgan
05-25-2018, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry I missed out on ever trying it when it was fun! But I certainly understand the disruption to Lodge guests - walking by that place I've thought I would not want to be staying there.