PDA

View Full Version : Comfortable Shoe Recommendations

missymouseworld
05-23-2018, 05:58 PM
I know there are some nurses on this board, and maybe some people in the food industry or those who spend 8 hours plus on their feet each day....so, can someone recommend a good shoe? My daughter is a cake decorator and spends all day in the kitchen on her feet and her sneakers aren't cutting it anymore. I know I have seen nurses, etc in the hospital wearing some type of clogs, etc. Any brand names I can check out? They need to have closed in front and back, no straps.

Thanks in advance. :mickey:

John
05-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Has she tried the official shoe of INTERCOT - Hoka One One before? :)

Yungbuck73
05-23-2018, 08:25 PM

I have the one one vanquish and they are ok. They hurt my big toes. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tink1
05-24-2018, 09:39 AM
There are 2 types of clogs we wore in the hospital, Dansko and Sanita.

I preferred Dansko and still wear them even though I left the field over 10 years ago. I can do the parks in my Dansko's and my feet never bother me. They are expensive and worth every penny, plus they really do last a long time.

She really needs to be fitted for them though. The guy that I go to measures your foot (our feet still grow as adults) and then brings out various shoes.

I go with the plain professional series. He then has me try them on, explaining that your foot should not hit the top or sides, they do not fit tight.

Then he makes me walk around in them for 3 minutes at least to see if any part is rubbing. If one feels better than the other, he grabs one shoe from a matching box and mixes and matches until I have a pair that is perfect. (yes, I set aside about 2-3 hours when I go to Nick's to buy Dansko's )

I have Dansko Sandals as well for dressier events which fit differently than my clogs.

My sister wears Sanita's. She finds that they fit her better than the Dansko, she has a wider foot than I do. So you really do need to try on both brands and do not assume the size you think you are is what you actually are.

Nanc

Nanc

missymouseworld
05-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Some great options for her to check out....Thank you all!

brownie
05-24-2018, 11:40 AM
I'd recommend something that has a slip-resistant sole. We source a lot of stuff from Shoes for Crews at work, so that would be a place to check. A low boot would be an option as it would help support the ankle while standing.

Isabella
05-24-2018, 05:59 PM

Sadly, every time I go to check on these shoes the website crashes... I'll keep trying.

Tell me what you like about them. Do you like them for the run events or for walking in the parks or both?

This could be a good topic for a future podcast. Speaking of podcasts, oh, never mind, I'll be patient.:mickey:

Is it done now? :yay:

How about now? :yay:

Oh, right, patient! :whistle:

pjbs35a
05-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Shoes? Where we are going, you won't need shoes!!!

Shoes? We don't need no stinking shoes!!

That's the only two movie references I could think of on short notice.