PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe To Tone Down Antics

Figment!
05-16-2018, 08:20 PM
The Whispering Canyon Cafe has apparently become a little less ironically named.

After multiple Guest reports of a more muted experience, several Guests have begun to share the following message from Walt Disney World Guest Communications when inquiring about changes to the restaurant's experience:

Whispering Canyon Cafe is still a rootin' tootin' good time for the whole family, with plenty of antics. You will notice that we've asked our Cast Members to turn down the volume a bit to be more considerate to all our Guests at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

While this public statement appears to generally indicate the change is due to Guest complaints, the wording specifically implies that the "volume" could have been disturbing Guests in the adjacent lobby area and/or Guest Rooms above the restaurant.

BriarRose0708
05-17-2018, 08:16 AM
I'd also think that this may be an effort to become a more inclusive environment for those with sensory challenges and sensitivities. I don't really know how loud it gets in there, but obviously it was enough for them to make a change.

texas211
05-17-2018, 08:45 AM
I'd also think that this may be an effort to become a more inclusive environment for those with sensory challenges and sensitivities. I don't really know how loud it gets in there, but obviously it was enough for them to make a change.

Then they need to do the same at Trex, and several others.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Has anyone been since the changes? I hope it is still "fun", just not quite so crazy loud! (and although we really enjoyed it, it was loud)

baldburke
05-18-2018, 05:28 PM
Boo! The PC police strike again! I heard about this on Facebook as well. What's next...the CMs no longer tell you to take your elbows off the table at 50's PTC?

VWL Mom
05-19-2018, 08:19 PM
I've been reading about this for the last week or so on FB and various sites. A lot of people are disgruntled. What I wonder though is how many of them actually stay at WL and paying the rates the rooms command. We've been staying there (and the villas) since '94 and honestly the noise level has gotten extreme IMO. You used to be able to sit in the lobby and enjoy it, not so in the last 4 or 5 years. I'm glad they're toning it down.

The "antics' on the other hand don't bother me although we do choose the coaster that says we prefer to watch from the sideline. When they started with them a couple years ago I actually told them I thought it was a great idea, hope they keep them.

mom2morgan
05-20-2018, 07:47 AM
No, I still got told to take my elbows off the table...and put away my walkie-talkie, lol. That was just yesterday.

texas211
05-20-2018, 09:07 AM
No, I still got told to take my elbows off the table...and put away my walkie-talkie, lol. That was just yesterday.

Ha, I'm not the only one. I like to use walkie talkies too!