PDA

View Full Version : fast passes and rider switch

Buddy08
05-16-2018, 04:34 PM
If adult a & b of the 4 adults in our group book fast passes for a ride and gets a rider switch pass for adult c and d who are waiting with the children do adult c and d also need fast passes for the ride?

Goofy4TheWorld
05-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Nope!

VWL Mom
06-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Rider switch passes are rumored to be changing the end of June, in reading the update it is my understanding that all must have a FP entitlement.

This is from wdwnt but has been posted on multiple outlets

By the end of June, this process will switch to a digital rider switch pass, basically scanning a guest’s MagicBand or media card to add it to their entitlements. All of the guests who will be riding in the party of three that will use the FastPass+ queue will have to have the entitlement on their account to enter. The major changes here are that the entitlement is going digital, removing the Cast Member physically checking a printed ticket, as well as the Rider Switch Pass now only being valid for a certain length of time on the day issued (previously valid for up to an entire month). Guests will also now be unable to hold more than one rider switch pass at a time.

PopPhan
06-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Rider switch passes are rumored to be changing the end of June, in reading the update it is my understanding that all must have a FP entitlement.

This is from wdwnt but has been posted on multiple outlets

I don't read that as the 'switch' riders needing FP+, just that they will go through the FP+ queue. The 'switch' would be the FP+ "option" and should not affect any that they already have....Just like the paper tickets.