PDA

View Full Version : Two days in MK, whta is the most effective use of our 6 pre-booked FP's?

roma1625
05-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Our trip in in mid-June. we like all the rides, but not interested in "wasting a FP on Peter, Pooh, driving the cars (can't even remember the official name), or any meet and greets. We have no small children with us.

I'm sure of the first 4:

Space
Splash
7 Dwarfs
Big Thunder

Not sure what to use the last two on. Last time we went two years ago at around the same time, it was relatively easy to pick up same day FP's on rides like Buzz, Haunted, Jungle, and Pirates. Everything else was a short wait. Maybe I'm forgetting something? I'm almost thinking we should just repeat two of my original 4. Anybody have any thoughts? Wondering what other people do with their two days worth of FP's.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2018, 08:27 AM
I always say, get a FP for anything you will be disappointed if you don't ride. Your top 4 are "must-do's", and you're right, the other two can be a bit harder.

Even though you said it is wasting a FP, if you want to ride Peter, get one. The wait is always ridiculously long for that ride, and a FP saves quite a bit of time. Otherwise, I have found that Buzz can have longer than expected waits as well.

So, would you rather re-ride some of your original 4, or ensure a ride on Buzz or Jungle Cruise? For me, I'd go with 6 different ones, and slip in a re-ride (if wanted) at rope drop.

buzznwoodysmom
05-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Do you already have your first 4 booked? If you are going in June those really need to be booked already.

I would probably book Buzz because the line there can often be ridiculously long. Same for Peter Pan if you definitely want to ride it. Otherwise I would probably book your two favorites twice, on different days.

roma1625
05-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Do you already have your first 4 booked? If you are going in June those really need to be booked already.

Staying offsite, so can only make them 30 days out, not 60.

magicofdisney
05-13-2018, 12:28 PM
7 Dwarfs is probably your least likely to get same-day. I'd snag that one ASAP.

Your potential advantage is your party size, if it's small.

roma1625
05-15-2018, 06:47 AM
I always say, get a FP for anything you will be disappointed if you don't ride. Your top 4 are "must-do's", and you're right, the other two can be a bit harder.

Even though you said it is wasting a FP, if you want to ride Peter, get one. The wait is always ridiculously long for that ride, and a FP saves quite a bit of time. Otherwise, I have found that Buzz can have longer than expected waits as well.

So, would you rather re-ride some of your original 4, or ensure a ride on Buzz or Jungle Cruise? For me, I'd go with 6 different ones, and slip in a re-ride (if wanted) at rope drop.

Honestly, I don't understand the love for Peter Pan. Don't get me wrong, I don;t hate it, but it's not worth a FP or waiting in line for me. To give you an idea, last time we were there. we were getting our additional FP's after the first three and we were opting to ride Splash for the 3rd or 4th time rather than use up time or a FP on Peter.

Rope drop? Never have done it. Personally, I would, but with my family, we're lucky to get there at noon, what with late sleepers, slow movers, breakfast, etc,

Anyway, I still have a couple of days to decide.

roma1625
05-15-2018, 07:19 AM
7 Dwarfs is probably your least likely to get same-day. I'd snag that one ASAP.

Your potential advantage is your party size, if it's small.

I could only get 7 Dwarfs at 10PM. What a pain. I need to see what's available for it on our second day in the MK because having it so late ruins getting any more than the first three FP's that day. It was actually easier to get Flight of Passage than 7 Dwarfs. How is that possible? Maybe the ride capacity is lower? Thinking of skipping it now because we've been on it and weren't tremendously impressed, to be honest. It's too short. Big Thunder is a better ride, in my opinion. I guess the newness of 7 Dwarfs still hasn't worn off even though it's, what, 3 years old?

#1donaldfan
05-15-2018, 12:15 PM
The way we play it .... we rope drop the park to ride everything we want that morning, making FP's for the good rides that evening, then hit a few of the lesser attractions with little to no wait. We exit the park around noon or so, head back to our resort for pool time and maybe a short nap. After, we head back with the previously made FP's and play till we're too tired to see straight ....

roma1625
05-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Have never done rope drop. Too many sleepyheads in the family. We like to stay til park closing. Anyway, I have no desire to ride roller coasters or other fast rides first thing in the morning. We're going to the beach right after we leave Orlando, so definitely not interested in "relaxing" or swimming while we're at Disney World. We just have a different of of doing things.