PDA

View Full Version : The Edison - Review

azcavalier
05-07-2018, 08:53 AM
My DW and I were in Orlando for only a day, but we made ADR's at the Edison for dinner. Our time slot was 6:45pm on a Tuesday. We went to see the 3pm showing of Avengers: Infinity War at the Disney Springs AMC first, and got out earlier than expected. We wandered down to the Edison around 6:30pm to check in, and they seated us immediately.

We were seated at a table for two on the top floor, overlooking where the live music would be. The decor was very industrial/steampunk. The hostesses that seated us were dressed in 1930's glitzy flapper dresses.

There were a number of things on the menu that looked good, but I got the Tamarind glazed ribs, and my wife ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I was surprised that my meal didn't come with *anything* else, so I ordered a side of the asparagus (with balsamic glaze) as well.

Our food came out very fast, and I thought that the ribs were delicious. I asked for a wet-nap, as ribs can get messy, and the server brought me a steaming-hot washcloth (which is awesome). I couldn't finish the ribs, but almost. I had one left when I hit the wall. My wife said that she liked the meatloaf well enough, and that the potatoes were just that (with a good gravy on them, as well). I stole a few bites of her potatoes and liked them.

We talked with the server about the restaurant for a bit...they have various places around the restaurant where clips from time-period appropriate movie shorts are playing (both live and animated). He was pretty knowledgeable about them.

We left with a favorable impression of The Edison. The food was good, as was the service. In fact, we were in and out in 40 minutes. And we weren't rushing it. While it's not even close to our favorite restaurant on Disney property, we would definitely go back.

Figment!
05-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the review.

Glad to hear about the thematic atmosphere (films, costume, etc) beyond just the decor, many initial reviews either did not mention them or they must not have been implemented yet.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Thanks for sharing ... we've been thinking of there for our next trip.

BriarRose0708
05-07-2018, 10:28 AM
I loved the atmosphere in the Edison and I was just on my own at the bar downstairs! I didn't have any food but my drink was great and the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the different cocktails and their history. I am looking forward to spending more time there in the future. Apparently after 10pm the place really comes alive!

SodaPopMGK
05-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the review, we were thinking of trying to get an ADR there on our next trip. I think my boys would enjoy the atmosphere.

DisneyWorld1971
05-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the review!! :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
05-08-2018, 09:22 AM
How was the asparagus? I love asparagus.

#1donaldfan
05-08-2018, 12:49 PM
I think we are trying that in June .... I can't wait !!

joanna71985
05-15-2018, 10:28 PM
I want to give this place a try

VacationDisney
05-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Looks like this is a place we will try on our next visit! Thanks for the review!

azcavalier
05-17-2018, 04:06 PM
How was the asparagus? I love asparagus.

The asparagus was quite good, and it was plenty for sharing. I wish there had been a little more balsamic glaze or something on it, but we wiped it out.