PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Rival Run Weekend Announced

Figment!
05-04-2018, 07:22 PM
RunDisney Has announced a New Star Wars Themed Race Event:

... In honor of Star Wars Day, we’re excited to announce that the Star Wars race weekend at Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate epic Star Wars rivalries in 2019. With this new theme comes a new name – Star Wars Rival Run Weekend presented by OtterBox. Starting next year, runners will be able to choose which side of the Force they will run for during the race weekend April 4-7, 2019.

This race event will feature some favorite Star Wars rivalries from across the saga, with distances geared for all skill levels. In addition to the 5K, 10K, half marathon and the runDisney Kids Races, there will again be two challenges for runners to tackle. There’s the Star Wars Rival Run Challenge, which involves running the 10K and the half marathon during the race weekend, and the runDisney Kessel Run Challenge – completing the Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Resort and running the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon at home.

Regardless of which side you choose, you won’t want to miss your chance to be a part of this unique adventure where you’ll encounter Star Wars characters along the course as you journey to the finish line to earn one-of-a-kind medals.

magicofdisney
05-05-2018, 09:36 AM
So, this is Light Side vs Dark Side? Am I understanding that correctly?

I was wondering how that would be handled now that races have been placed on hiatus at Disneyland.

lukaskupasz
05-22-2018, 09:27 AM
The dark side is the best!!! Viva kylo ren!

#1donaldfan
09-12-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm in !! Registered for the Dark Side ....