PDA

View Full Version : Foodies I need help please.

Cinderelley
05-01-2018, 03:44 AM
My DD has reservations at the castle for her "date" day to celebrate their honeymoon. My DS' want to take their wives out for a "date" night to celebrate their 1st anniversaries. I'm looking for recommendations where they should eat.

DS28 and his wife are foodies. DS will eat just about anything that isn't green (he even ate cat while he was in the military. Didn't know it was cat until after he ate it but said it tasted good.) His wife is up to trying most things. They both enjoy really good seafood. His wife is very picky about service. I have reservations at Flying Fish, because they said they wanted to try it. Should I just convert that reservation to only 2 for them to use as their date night or is there a better option?

DS26 will eat anything. His wife is less adventurous. He and I discussed Sanaa, because she really likes animals. The big BUT with them is that they are very laid back - do most things in their pajamas (really they do. They even had pajamas at their wedding reception after all the "official" pictures were taken.) That rules out things like Victoria and Alberts. I should also add that his wife doesn't like a lot of attention on her, so an understated Happy Anniversary would be good.

Their favorite restaurant for the four of them to meet up at home is a sushi buffet. Recommendations don't have to involve seafood, I just wanted to give you an idea of what they like. So, what would you guys suggest? We are all getting together for my mom's birthday dinner tomorrow night and plan on looking over menus. I just don't want to review menus of every restaurant on and off property.

texas211
05-01-2018, 08:09 AM
I'd go offsite and do Morton's. Outstanding service, outstanding food. One of my favorite restaurants.

BriarRose0708
05-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm. If they want to go together and celebrate the four of them then maybe Cape May Cafe? It's a laid back buffet with characters and does have a good selection of seafood. But you won't get much upscale food there. For the foodies, How about Narcoosee's or Citricos? They're not as fancy as Victoria and Albert's but the food is upscale and the atmosphere is sophisticated. If they all really like sushi, give Morimoto Asia a try at Disney Springs. Then, after dinner they can keep the celebrations going at the other new bars/restaurants there.

Zippy 1
05-01-2018, 10:08 AM
We were there just last week celebrating our DD's birthday. We tried Paddlefish for the first time and had an excellent meal. There was something on the menu for everyone. Service and food were excellent. We will definately be going back
We also went to California Grill for the first time. Here we also had an excellent meal and excellent service with the added bonus of watching the fireworks at MK

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Hmmmm. If they want to go together and celebrate the four of them then maybe Cape May Cafe? It's a laid back buffet with characters and does have a good selection of seafood. But you won't get much upscale food there. For the foodies, How about Narcoosee's or Citricos? They're not as fancy as Victoria and Albert's but the food is upscale and the atmosphere is sophisticated. If they all really like sushi, give Morimoto Asia a try at Disney Springs. Then, after dinner they can keep the celebrations going at the other new bars/restaurants there.

Every time we have dined at Cape May for dinner there weren't characters. The characters are at breakfast only, unless things have changed in the last few years that I am unaware of.

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2018, 11:49 AM
I have seen varying reports, but we have always had excellent meals, as well as outstanding service at California Grill. I know there is a new sushi chef since last time we dined here, but the sushi we got once was amazing! Being able to go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks makes for a nice little date night!

BriarRose0708
05-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Every time we have dined at Cape May for dinner there weren't characters. The characters are at breakfast only, unless things have changed in the last few years that I am unaware of.

Oh, my mistake! I am sure you're right.

#1donaldfan
05-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Nope, no characters at Cape May dinner .....

Isabella
05-01-2018, 02:35 PM
DS28 Narcoosees, California Grill are both amazing options! Both have beautiful views and are a dining experience not just a meal.
DS26 Perhaps Kona Café in The Polynesian Resort. Great food and relaxing atmosphere

Hope they have an anniversary to remember!

mom2morgan
05-02-2018, 01:01 PM
For the one that likes animals, maybe Jiko? It is a little more upscale than Sanaa without being too stuffy (I'm thinking more that it is quieter,because of fewer young children since it is more expensive) and then can wander around the lodge and to the viewing areas to look at animals. Either way, there is really nowhere in Disney that you can't find something that isn't too "adventurous" to eat, so she can have steak or fish or something and he can try something a little more exotic. For any special occasion I also reccommed California Grill, especially if they can get a seat near the widow for fireworks. I don't know the one you booked for the more formal pair, but I do also think that Narcoosee's and Citricos meet the standard for both food and service. Interested to hear what others thing of Flying fish, though!

Cinderelley
05-02-2018, 09:04 PM
DS26, DDIL and I looked over the menus last night. They decided to go with Sanaa. My son's boss apparently makes Biryani quite often (they are close friends after working together for so long), so she felt comfortable with that menu.
DS28 couldn't make it last night due to school constraints, but he and I will be looking things over tonight. I'm having a sleep over at his place to help him with his math homework. lol

Cinderelley
05-04-2018, 09:40 AM
DS28 and I looked over the suggested menus. He can make a joke out of just about anything, so I was laughing until my sides hurt. It was a close race, but the Build Your Own Seafood Boil at Paddlefish was the deciding factor.