PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Pandora (or Pandora Lost)

Figment!
04-27-2018, 08:34 PM
The Guest Services department at Disney's Animal Kingdom has certainty been weathering a storm of disgruntled Guests as the park's most popular attractions have had unplanned outages this week.

The following is a timeline of the recent troubles:

4/24/18: Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey are intermittently closed through-out the day.
4/25/18: Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey are closed all day.
4/26/18: Flight of Passage re-opens to Guests, but Na’vi River Journey remains closed.
4/27/18: Flight of Passage remains open, but Na'vi River Journey remains closed with a brief announcement to Guests:
On behalf of everyone at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, I apologize Na’vi River Journey is unavailable today. Cast Members have been working diligently to resolve the challenges we've encountered, and we are sorry you are not able to experience this attraction.

Affected Guests with Fastpass+ Reservations have been offered an alternative Fastpass+ selection for the same time of their original reservation.

VWL Mom
04-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Yikes!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Wow. Do we know the root cause of the ongoing issues?

brad192
04-27-2018, 10:30 PM
The perils of high tech attractions.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Zippy 1
04-28-2018, 01:47 AM
They have been having problems all week with the fire alarms going off on both rides. But were able to get the problem solved to a point with FOP. Na'vi has no time line for reopening as of yesterday when we eft

RunDMV
04-28-2018, 06:36 AM
As long as they apologized..........

Zippy 1
04-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Both rides in Pandora are up and running today. Wait times are long but that is nothing new

texas211
04-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Wow. Do we know the root cause of the ongoing issues?

Giant arrows damaging equipment.

#1donaldfan
05-01-2018, 12:58 PM
... dang I was gonna say something like that !!! hahaa

PopPhan
05-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Luckily, all my Pandora FP+ options were later in my trip. The morning I had Na'vi River Journey, the CM was saying that it was going to be busy due to 3 days worth of FP+ 'vouchers'...

Got my river journey and 2 FoP rides in without a problem!!!

(Now, Frozen Ever After, THAT was another story!!!!)

Katzateer
05-03-2018, 10:03 PM
You had a problem getting into Frozen at the studios?? I have had luck in standby for the past couple years since it moved to the larger seating area where American Idol used to be.

We got to use our Pandora FP after the ride was shut down for 3 days last week. It was Saturday the 28th we went (my birthday). It wasn’t crazy in that area of the park that night.

I didn’t have any luck getting on Toy Story Mania😢

hauntedmansiongirl
05-03-2018, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=Katzateer;2513949]You had a problem getting into Frozen at the studios?? I have had luck in standby for the past couple years since it moved to the larger seating area where American Idol used to be.

QUOTE]

I think that she meant the Frozen Ever After ride at Epcot in the Norway pavilion. That ride tends to break down a lot!!

donnine
05-04-2018, 10:32 AM
We just got back 2 weeks ago, and experienced both attractions. In my opinion, you aren't missing much with the Na'vi River Journey. I thought it was a huge disappointment. Would never stand in line for it, and probably won't ride it again. On the other hand, Flight of Passage was AMAZING! Sorry for those who missed it.

PopPhan
05-08-2018, 02:36 PM
You had a problem getting into Frozen at the studios?? I have had luck in standby for the past couple years since it moved to the larger seating area where American Idol used to be.

We got to use our Pandora FP after the ride was shut down for 3 days last week. It was Saturday the 28th we went (my birthday). It wasn’t crazy in that area of the park that night.

I didn’t have any luck getting on Toy Story Mania��

Talking about Frozen Ever After:

I got to within 20 people of the boats and the ride shut down...HARD! They were walking the riders out of the emergency exits.

It was back up the next day and I got to ride it once stand-by and once FP+ before the trip was over.

texas211
05-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Talking about Frozen Ever After:

I got to within 20 people of the boats and the ride shut down...HARD! They were walking the riders out of the emergency exits.

It was back up the next day and I got to ride it once stand-by and once FP+ before the trip was over.

They'd be walking me out in a straight jacket.

Cinderelley
05-09-2018, 03:19 AM
They'd be walking me out in a straight jacket.

They might need a straight jacket to get me on it. I am definitely Team Tangled and not Team Frozen.

PopPhan
05-09-2018, 08:41 AM
They might need a straight jacket to get me on it. I am definitely Team Tangled and not Team Frozen.

In the words of the old Alka-Seltzer commercials...."Try it, you'll like it!"

If they ever get a Tangled RIDE, I might just agree with you.

texas211
05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
In the words of the old Alka-Seltzer commercials...."Try it, you'll like it!"

If they ever get a Tangled RIDE, I might just agree with you.

They have a bathroom.. :) hahahhahha