PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge?

DisneyDude1977
04-26-2018, 05:12 PM
My wife, 8 year old daughter,and I are thinking of staying at WDW for a week in mid-July, and looked at offers at both Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge; we know we'd need to book soon. We LOVE the location of both places, especially the Boardwalk's proximity to EPCOT and the Studios. We also love the Wilderness Lodge's closeness to MK, as well as it's theming and restaurants. Which do you all think is best? Any advice is appreciated!

mook3y
04-27-2018, 02:53 PM
My wife, 8 year old daughter,and I are thinking of staying at WDW for a week in mid-July, and looked at offers at both Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge; we know we'd need to book soon. We LOVE the location of both places, especially the Boardwalk's proximity to EPCOT and the Studios. We also love the Wilderness Lodge's closeness to MK, as well as it's theming and restaurants. Which do you all think is best? Any advice is appreciated!

We have stayed at both and love both resorts.

My kids LOVED the pool and waterslide a LOT at boardwalk when they were your daughters age. So if you spend much time at the pool when on vacation that might be enough to tip the decision scales for you.

The only downside to the Boardwalk that we experienced was trying to get refillable drinks - it could be a pain at the boardwalk when there were long lines at the limited options.

vicster
04-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Better book soon. We tried to book Wilderness Lodge for November and they were totally booked.

Priority Four
04-30-2018, 03:36 PM
That's a tough one. Wilderness gets the edge for us because of the theme and it does feel a little more laid back to me

deedee73
04-30-2018, 11:25 PM
I think it depends on your personality. I love being in close proximity to places so both work on that level (MK/Epcot & HS). I also love the relaxing atmosphere of vacations, so while I prefer to be close I also value peace. Without a doubt, I would choose Fort Wilderness Lodge. You are still near MK. You get boat access to MK or boat and monorail to Epcot. You also have the classic Electrical Water Pagent appearing nightly. Balancing these is the quiet of the lodge area. I appreciate these more than the hustle bustle of the Boardwalk area especially on the weekends. Don't get me wrong, the resort itself can be quiet at times mostly late evenings but the outside common areas and rooms overlooking the boardwalk can be anything but quiet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VacationDisney
05-09-2018, 03:44 PM
If it were me I would pick the Wilderness Lodge! I love the feel of the rustic atmosphere!
Book FAST!

#1donaldfan
05-11-2018, 10:31 AM
I'd choose the BW area over WL ... I love both but there's WAY more to do at the BW that you simply do not have at the WL ... but .... either one you choose, you will certainly not be choosing wrong !! Enjoy and good luck !!

Becca3557
05-28-2018, 01:41 PM
WL gets my vote, but the BW may offer a bit more in the way of activities/diversions when traveling with a child. You can’t go wrong with either resort though.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Another vote for Boardwalk.
Let me just say... Boardwalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas!!!! ;)

TikiLounger
08-06-2018, 08:38 AM
We've stayed at both resorts. I'd have a hard time choosing between them but, given your daughter's age, I'd go with the WL. The previous comments about the Boardwalk area having more to do, in general, are correct, but when my kids were young, they absolutely loved WL. The atmosphere and theming are truly magical...a woodsy vibe. It feels calm there and filled with nostalgia. My kids didn't appreciate any of the Epcot resorts until they were older teens. They love them now but, back then, they wanted to be near the Magic Kingdom.