PDA

View Full Version : footwear on wet rides?

mom2morgan
04-05-2018, 06:33 PM
I'm considering taking some sort of water proof shoe just to slip on before wet rides. I'll be in runners most of the time because I really need a good solid shoe. Wondering if I should get a pair of crocs/dawgs. And if so - the regular "clog" style or a slip on sandal (don't know if Disney lets you ride in a slip on sandal). Any thoughts?

texas211
04-06-2018, 09:31 AM
What do you mean by wet rides? Water park or like Splash Mountain.

If SM, then yeah, you can wear whatever footwear.

Figment!
04-06-2018, 10:48 AM
Never worn personally, but seen plenty of Guests wearing flip flops on wet and non-wet rides.

mom2morgan
04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
No on the water parks - I meant rides like Splash (not a big deal, I never soak my shoes) and then Kali, and some of the really wet ones over at Universal like Ripsaw Falls and Bilge Rat Barges. I think walking around in soaking wet running shoes would be a sure bet on ending up with blisters.

NewDVCowner
04-06-2018, 12:29 PM
I would just carry a pair of cheap flip flops that you can throw on before the ride. Remember to have a plastic bag to put your other shoes and socks in, I've had my bags get soaked, too, and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Buttercup
04-07-2018, 09:12 AM
I’ve never needed them on splash mountain. My feet have always stayed dry. Kali River Rapids you might get wet feet but my trick is to keep my feet on the bar (off the ground) so when the boat fills with water the shoes might get a spray but they’re not sitting in a deep puddle! Also, I’m too lazy to carry a second pair of shoes/flip flops around all day LOL

texas211
04-07-2018, 03:02 PM
If anything, I swap socks after a ride like that.

azcavalier
04-10-2018, 08:47 AM
The only ride where that's needed, I think, is Kali River Rapids. And what I usually do is wear some sandals, like Keen's, that entire day. But my wife and daughters just have some cheap flip flops that they put on for that ride, and then change back when we're done. I think that is a good idea. Nothing worse than walking around a theme park in wet socks.