PDA

View Full Version : Trees.

tigz9299
04-04-2018, 06:19 PM
We were watching the video of Happily Ever After the other night, and my wife says that there used to be more trees at the end of Main Street..I cannot recall..can somebody let me know if there were more trees down by Casey's on the circle..thanks!!

John
04-04-2018, 06:54 PM
I have a feeling that she is correct. Definitely were a lot of trees that were removed as part of the hub reconstruction. Most of them that caused sight line problems for view of the castle were transplanted elsewhere.

Figment!
04-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Yes, as part of the Hub expansion; several trees were removed from the area.

Altair
04-05-2018, 02:03 PM
They also removed almost all of the rose garden. :(

Buttercup
04-05-2018, 03:04 PM
I actually saw someone today post on twitter a picture from 1989 and the trees were so big in the hub area (around the Partners statue) you could barely see the castle behind! I kind-of liked that - it looked like you were stumbling upon a castle hidden in a forest! But sadly I think firework viewing areas and photopass photography took priority and the trees had to go.

Tink1
04-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Yes, there were trees that gave some shade during the day and they had little white lights in them and it was beautiful at night.

Nanc

Buttercup
04-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Yes! All the twinkle lights! There were some around Town Square as well. I remember sitting on the park benches under those trees looking at the park map and planning out my day.

Isabella
04-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Yes! All the twinkle lights! There were some around Town Square as well. I remember sitting on the park benches under those trees looking at the park map and planning out my day.

And the park benches are gone as well...

MNNHFLTX
04-12-2018, 09:53 AM
They removed more than a few trees when they expanded the hub. I much preferred the shady, cozy look than the wide-open parking lot feel to it now. :(

PopPhan
04-12-2018, 10:13 AM
"They paved paradise...."

or

"There is unrest in the forest...
There is trouble with the trees..."

(Bonus points for knowing both songs and [original] artists!)

Sylvia
04-13-2018, 06:27 PM
I miss the benches in town square. Sitting on one of the few benches outside City Hall isn't the same. Neither is leaning against a post or a fence.

But, thankfully, Main Street USA still has the feel that has always made me so happy.

MNNHFLTX
04-18-2018, 03:05 PM
"They paved paradise...."

or

"There is unrest in the forest...
There is trouble with the trees..."

(Bonus points for knowing both songs and [original] artists!)

Big Yellow Taxi and Joni Mitchell for the first song, but not sure about the second! Can I get partial points? ;)

PopPhan
04-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Big Yellow Taxi and Joni Mitchell for the first song, but not sure about the second! Can I get partial points? ;)

Sure! We'll give you half. The second song is from Rush...Simply titled "The Trees"

texas211
04-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Sure! We'll give you half. The second song is from Rush...Simply titled "The Trees"

For a minute I thought you were quoting Lord of the Rings.

PopPhan
04-20-2018, 08:54 AM
For a minute I thought you were quoting Lord of the Rings.

Good answer! I'll leave those quotes to Fangorn, though!! LOL