PDA

View Full Version : Got my fastpasses for my upcoming trip!

mom2morgan
03-18-2018, 12:12 PM
But I was a little disappointed - I had thought there would be more times available, so that I could do my fastpasses one after the other, but it didn't work out that way - I might get one for 9:10, and then the next available fastpass for ANY ride would be at, like, 10:50....so I have about a 5-6 hour span and probably won't be able to get any more while I'm in the park. :-( BUT at least I got Flights of Passage on the second day of my trip, so that's a big win!

texas211
03-18-2018, 12:58 PM
Keep rolling the wheel until your trip, never know what you'll find. We do that, and almost always improve our times.

Zippy 1
03-18-2018, 01:20 PM
I would be surprised if you could not get any more fastpasses the day while on your trip. My DD and her roommates get fastpasses day of all the time. Have even scored things like mine train the morning of. They have not had problems since the crowds have been building for spring break. Hopefully you will get the ones you want

VWL Mom
03-18-2018, 01:41 PM
Did you try editing your FP (other than FOP)? I find that when I go in and display all available times I can make them more towards my liking.

Fangorn
03-18-2018, 03:18 PM
When you make your initial FP selections, you don't get the option to choose specific times you want to see - you only see the times that Disney wants you to see. Those times are selected for you based on Disney's attempt to balance loads across all attractions at all times. You are NOT seeing the entire inventory of available FPs across all attractions.

Choose any time that shows up for the attraction(s) you want. Then, once you have secured your FPs, use the modify FP function to change the times to something that is more in line with your wishes. The modify process gives you the option to look for a specific time. So that 10:50 FP can be changed to 10:10 (the earliest you'll be able to make one since you already have a 9:10). With the exception of 7DMT, PP, and FoP, you shouldn't have a problem changing times and clustering them one after the other.

Oh, and as soon as you've scanned in for that 9:10 FP, you can try to change the 10:10 one to something even earlier. I've had excellent results doing that at all times of the day.

And as already mentioned, keep checking regularly and modifying until you get what you want.

Steve

mom2morgan
03-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Awesome advice, everyone! Thanks very much :-) Here's a horror story for you - I have an acquaintance who is going in July. She thinks I'm insane and "absolutely no fun" to vacation with. She is big on spontaneity and sleeping in, and doing what you feel like in the moment of. She will not believe me that Disney is different (I was her on my first vacation -thank god it was early December and low crowds. It was still a disaster). I do feel sorry for her six year old, though!
Edited to say - I did some rearranging and I'm MUCH happier with times. The only thing that can't be altered is the weirdness that is Flights of Passage - but I'll keep checking back. Right now it forces us to return to the park after going home for a swim and a nap, but that isn't terrible either!

PopPhan
03-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Made my FP+ picks a couple weeks ago and was able to get FoP on consecutive days near the end of my stay. Could have had more, but decide twice on a 6 day trip was enough. For some reason, I have been very lucky and gotten pretty much everything I wanted at reasonable times.

The only real 'hassle' I see with the FP+ picks is that you have to have at least an hour between each elected attraction. I like to get to the attraction at the beginning of the window, so this leaves me a lot of 'unused' time in between FP+ windows. The original system let you get another FP as soon as you used the one you had open. I guess that is a small price to pay for being able to select ahead of time.

Congrats, mom2morgan, for being able to adjust some of your times to make them more suitable.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Yes, you have to book your FP in hour blocks, but once you use the first one, oftentimes you can move the next one "up" on the app. My DH would laugh at me a couple of times, when I was madly making FP+ changes in the FP line, but then he was quite happy when we'd get off the ride and I'd say "and our next FP is ready RIGHT NOW".