PDA

View Full Version : Fastpasses for parades and fireworks?

mom2morgan
03-17-2018, 01:22 PM
I only just realized this was a thing - duh! I'm wondering who has done this and if it is worth it? Three trips to Disney and I have NEVER seen the fireworks at Magic Kingdom, except from monorail hotels. Where is the viewing area and is it any good? I did a fastpass for a show called "World of Colour" at Disneyland and it really wasn't worth it - I still had to stand for an hour and my section was really crowded, so I'm not sure what the benefit was. I realize their won't be any seating here, either - but wondering about the vantage point, and how early you need to be there, and how crowded it is. I'd also be interested in hearing about it being used for Illuminations, and any parades. The only time I've seen a parade at MK was during a Hallowe'en party - we were near Tony's and it was AWESOME. (My family has always been all about the rides and they don't give a darn about parades and fireworks, but this is likely our last trip so I'm doing what *I want, LOL)

texas211
03-17-2018, 05:35 PM
We haven't used passes, but have done the dessert thing, and that was totally worth it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-17-2018, 07:15 PM
I agree with the above, don't waste a FP on fireworks or parades. If you want something special for fireworks, the dessert parties are nice, and guarantee a decent view.

How early, for the fireworks, not early at all, for parades, we've never waited long, except for MNSSHP, otherwise a bit before is fine, especially if you're willing to stand.

tjstrike
03-20-2018, 07:24 PM
I don't think FP is an option for parades or fireworks anymore.

Speedy1998
03-21-2018, 12:44 PM
I used it for Fantasmic once, when that was the only FP+ left after my initial 3. For Fantasmic I would say it was worth it, as it put is a spot closer to the center.

texas211
03-21-2018, 08:01 PM
I used it for Fantasmic once, when that was the only FP+ left after my initial 3. For Fantasmic I would say it was worth it, as it put is a spot closer to the center.

And Fantasmic is a must....