PDA

View Full Version : Booking a DVC Stay for Non DVC Members

Anthony007
03-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Has anyone booked a vacation through a DVC rental website? Is it straight forward? Is it a good idea?

Usually we get free dining and stay at POP, but was hoping to stay at the Contemporary this year, and trying to decide between Free Dining, Room Discount, or DVC Rental.

TheDuckRocks
03-15-2018, 12:03 PM
5 years ago I rented additional points for a large group of family members for our 50th anniversary. I went though The Time Share Store (a Intercot sponsor at the time). As I was a DVC member it was handled as a transfer of points. I asked for and paid for Old Key West points but what the owner of the points transferred was 35% OKW and 65% Saratoga Springs points. As the agency handling the transaction The Time Share Store was unable to do anything to correct the error. After many hours and very understanding member service cast members I was able to correct the problem.
Would I ever again rent points? Oh, heck NO.

MarkC
03-15-2018, 02:58 PM
I did it once a few years ago on a site I found online. Did it work out perfectly? Yes, in my case it did. I hopefully won't use that again, but wouldn't hesitate to use it if I needed to rent out the points. Just google the site for reviews and you'll have a pretty good idea if it will work for you.

Anthony007
03-15-2018, 05:05 PM
Thanks so much for the opinion. I want this trip to be just perfect as my parents will be with us and our kids, so I'm going all in.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2018, 05:14 PM
We've done it for our upcoming trip. There isn't any availability directly from Disney, and my husband really wants to stay at OKW, so we've rented points. So far, it was super easy and straightforward. We also used one of the "big" rental sites and we selected our dates and resort, and they replied in less than 24 hours. We did have to wait a few days for them to be able to fulfil the request, but it came through and we're looking forward to our stay.

Even if there had been availability from Disney, the cost of the room was MUCH less by renting the points.