PDA

View Full Version : Early park entrance

Scallywag
03-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Are they letting people into the parks before rope drop? Last year they let us into Magic Kingdom and que up at the hub prior to rope drop. Are all the parks doing this? How early will they let you in?

Fangorn
03-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Yes, and no.

As a general rule, this is just a MK thing - at least from the standpoint of having an opening show.

Epcot will sometimes, but its not consistent, let guests through the tapstyles, but then hold everyone somewhere around Spaceship Earth, separating folks into two groups - one heading to Soarin' and the other heading to Test Track and/or Frozen.

HS sometimes does the "enter and hold" thing, but again it's not consistent.

At Animal Kingdom, I believe they're doing a version where they walk the crowd to Pandora in stages. In that case, it seems to be more of a need to have space to put the vast, anticipatory crowd.

Steve

Speedy1998
03-06-2018, 12:21 PM
On my last trip in November of 2017. MK and AK let people in early and held them at the Hub and Discovery Island. Epcot and HS held us at the turn styles.

tjstrike
03-20-2018, 08:06 PM
Wasn't this only because the train station was getting refurbished ?

#1donaldfan
03-22-2018, 03:28 PM
My DD was there last week, hitting AK for EMH and found them already letting people in .... we always try to get there early and she was there about 40 min prior to the listed EMH ... she walked onto Flight of Avatar ..... fun times ... so yes, they do open prior to the posted "rope drops"....