PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Lion King

Scallywag
03-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Do you need to use a fast pass for this? Going in June, have not seen this show yet.

kathleen.talamantes.7
03-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Do you need to use a fast pass for this? Going in June, have not seen this show yet.

We have never gotten a fast pass. Just usually there an hour early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zippy 1
03-05-2018, 07:21 PM
We have never used fast pass for it either

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2018, 09:33 AM
We're another who has never used a FP for this. We usually go to the early show, and have never had an issue getting in at all.

magicofdisney
03-06-2018, 10:46 AM
The primary reason for getting FP is that you can pretty much sit wherever you want. The standby line is usually relegated to only one area of the theater. Getting there an hour early isn't a bad strategy, but it can be miserable if it's hot out. Even the FP line is miserable when it's hot out, but they begin entering about 10 min before show time.

If you choose standby and get there late, but are lucky enough to get in, you may have to stand for the show.

Fangorn
03-06-2018, 10:56 AM
There is also a part in the show where they select 4-5 kids from each section to come dance with the cast. These are chosen from those in the first couple of rows in each section. If you have kids aged 4-7ish that might want to participate, having a FP is pretty much required as that's the only way you'll be able to sit in those rows.

If that doesn't apply, and you don't have to be as close as possible to enjoy a show, then FP isn't really necessary.

Steve

#1donaldfan
03-06-2018, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Fangorn;2511748]There is also a part in the show where they select 4-5 kids from each section to come dance with the cast. These are chosen from those in the first couple of rows in each section. If you have kids aged 4-7ish that might want to participate, having a FP is pretty much required as that's the only way you'll be able to sit in those rows.

If that doesn't apply, and you don't have to be as close as possible to enjoy a show, then FP isn't really necessary.

That may help guarantee a front row however we've never used a FP for the show and have always been near the front or totally up front, even placed in the handicap seats .... of course that is luck of the draw with us being so late the show is about to start .... I can't go in too early as the seats have no back support and after awhile my back begins to kill me ..... great show tho !!

magicofdisney
03-06-2018, 02:13 PM
That may help guarantee a front row however we've never used a FP for the show and have always been near the front or totally up front, even placed in the handicap seats .... of course that is luck of the draw with us being so late the show is about to start .... I can't go in too early as the seats have no back support and after awhile my back begins to kill me ..... great show tho !!

I nearly always get a FP for this reason. There are 2 sections in which the top row has back support. They're the section in front of the AV booth and the section directly across from that. And if you sit in the corner of that row, you'll not have someone blocking your view by sitting in front of you. If that sounds like a good plan, sit in the right corner below the AV booth and the left corner in the opposite section. Otherwise, when they make everyone slide to make room for others, you'll be sliding in the direction away from the corner.

chefmickey3
03-07-2018, 02:23 PM
We got in line at 9:30 for the 10am show. We were one of the last standby group to get seats. So, no you don't need a fast pass but get in line early.

Giggy
03-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Last time we went we booked a Fastpass, not one of our original three FP for the day but an additional one after using those three (I think they were Kilmanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids and Na'vi River Journey) and then managed to book one for Dinosaur after that.

Unrelated note, when we saw this show last year we noticed there were only 3 presenters that day, instead of the usual 4. The older of the two men wasn't there that day so the younger man introduced himself as the tribe leader, Be Prepared was played over the sound system initially and then in the finale it was sang by the younger man. The younger woman then took two sections of the crowd for the competition. I assume maybe he wasn't available for some reason that day, or does the show now just run with 3 presenters?

texas211
03-11-2018, 05:48 PM
You need a FP to use the bathroom these days, so I'd consider it based on your other FP needs.

magicofdisney
03-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Last time we went we booked a Fastpass, not one of our original three FP for the day but an additional one after using those three (I think they were Kilmanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids and Na'vi River Journey) and then managed to book one for Dinosaur after that.

Unrelated note, when we saw this show last year we noticed there were only 3 presenters that day, instead of the usual 4. The older of the two men wasn't there that day so the younger man introduced himself as the tribe leader, Be Prepared was played over the sound system initially and then in the finale it was sang by the younger man. The younger woman then took two sections of the crowd for the competition. I assume maybe he wasn't available for some reason that day, or does the show now just run with 3 presenters?
He must have called in sick. Typically there are 4. But now that you mention it, I might have been there that day. I vaguely remember some oddity like that once in the past.

Giggy
03-13-2018, 09:09 AM
He must have called in sick. Typically there are 4. But now that you mention it, I might have been there that day. I vaguely remember some oddity like that once in the past.

This would have been late August/early September 2017, looking back through FP+ plans I sent to family members on my phone I think it was 8/31

Assumed it was probably a sick day, they've all work closely together for a long time on a tight schedule so they must have a contingency plan in place for if any one of them is sick. Glad to hear they are all there and well though. :mickey:

ransam
03-19-2018, 04:52 PM
we have never had an issue getting in on whatever the next show was

tjstrike
03-20-2018, 07:31 PM
We always get a FP only because we've been so many times and running out of options on what to FP.