PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Land Opening Date/Name Change Info

missymouseworld
02-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Disney Parks Blog stating the opening of Toy Story Land is scheduled for June 30, 2018.

Also mentioned was that the name, Disney Hollywood Studios, will remain the same for the foreseeable future.

#1donaldfan
02-16-2018, 01:33 PM
I read that too and hope beyond hope they open it a few days earlier ... any luck in that ??? We are checking out on the 29th .... how cruel is that ???

ransam
02-16-2018, 06:45 PM
i read that too and hope beyond hope they open it a few days earlier ... Any luck in that ??? We are checking out on the 29th .... How cruel is that ???

extend!!!

Polynesian Dweller
02-16-2018, 06:48 PM
I read that too and hope beyond hope they open it a few days earlier ... any luck in that ??? We are checking out on the 29th .... how cruel is that ???

With Disney giving an official opening date it is extremely unlikely the date will change.

There may be soft openings of some attractions before the official opening but they aren’t officially announced. There may be only a few rides, some or none in soft opening. No way to know other than to walk by and see. If there are soft openings the ride may be open only for an hour and then down for the day. It’s all about testing the ride and training the staff.

Figment!
02-16-2018, 08:30 PM
In addition to the Opening Date, new concept art also gives a first look at the new Toy Story Mania entrance:

... Toy Story Land, the highly-anticipated toy-filled land inspired by the beloved “Toy Story” films, will open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 30, 2018.

... Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.

Figment!
02-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Also see Toy Story Mania Wait Time Impact Winter Through May 2018 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?216528-Toy-Story-Mania-Wait-Time-Impact-Winter-Through-May-2018) for details on how the re-routing of Toy Story Mania will impact wait time impact.

Cinderelley
02-16-2018, 10:00 PM
It kind've reminds me of Chester and Hester's Dinorama area.

j2k
02-19-2018, 03:45 PM
You may luck out with a soft opening during your visit. We missed the Pandora opening by one day. It's official opening was the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend last year and our last park day and check out was the Friday. We stayed at AKL and planned to visit AK on Friday in hopes of a soft opening. There was lots of activity at our hotel with Media Preview nights of Pandora and receptions at the hotel after. While waiting for the bus on Thursday morning a cast member told us that Pandora was having a soft opening that morning. We had FP at another park (don't remember which one) so we so we didn't go that morning but we had park hoppers and went that evening around 5pm. However, Pandora was closed and not accessible. On the Friday morning we went to AK as planned for park opening and we were able to walk to Pandora. There were a couple news crews set up doing live shots and there were imagineers talking about all the features of Pandora. The ride lines were 4-5 hours long already so we didn't wait. We had FPs in AK and during soft opening FPs are unavailable for the rides in the new area. We explored the area for a while and were able to buy souvenirs in the shops. We made our way to our FP attractions and came back to Pandora around lunch time but by then it was closed off because there was a special preview for the Boys and Girls Club.
Based on my experience, my suggestion is to plan to go to DHS on the day or two before official opening, at park opening. Actually, I'd suggest getting in line well before park openings so you're in the front and can get to the area quick. Talk with the bus drivers and other cast members, you never know what they'll tell you. :)

texas211
02-19-2018, 07:16 PM
Its kind of like curling. I'm not sure whats going on, but looks cool and would like to try it.

#1donaldfan
02-21-2018, 12:12 PM
extend!!!

We did by two days .... guess we will be there opening day, in line at approx. 3 AM !! hahaha !!!

TheVBs
02-22-2018, 11:27 AM
Its kind of like curling. I'm not sure whats going on, but looks cool and would like to try it.

OMG! This made me laugh out loud! Our little town just had it's first annual Curling Festival. My response and several others... "We're having a what?"