PDA

View Full Version : Size restrictions

ransam
02-14-2018, 05:36 PM
The first time i tried to go on flight of passage i was unable to. I have lost weight and now can go w/ no issue. but my friends are going soon, and i'm afraid they will not be able to get on. any know if it's possible disney may make modifications so people of size can ride?

also on the slinky dog ride and rides at star wars, I hope they take that into account.

texas211
02-14-2018, 06:49 PM
The first time i tried to go on flight of passage i was unable to. I have lost weight and now can go w/ no issue. but my friends are going soon, and i'm afraid they will not be able to get on. any know if it's possible disney may make modifications so people of size can ride?

also on the slinky dog ride and rides at star wars, I hope they take that into account.

Is the Avatar boat ride any issue?

ransam
02-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Is the Avatar boat ride any issue?

None. It's like small world.

texas211
02-14-2018, 09:08 PM
None. It's like small world.

That doesn't make me feel better. Was onboard Small World. We sunk. Had to swim to Norway.

Cinderelley
02-15-2018, 04:00 AM
I think the size issues on FoP are ridiculous. This is a new ride, not one built 50 years ago. The people who made it should be very aware that people are getting bigger. My DDIL ran into that problem at Universal when we went. They handled it poorly, and she was left in tears. I promised my son that that would not occur at Disneyland, and he managed to talk her into finishing the trip with us at Disneyland. Now we may run into this problem at Disney World.

mom2morgan
02-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Um....am I allowed to laugh about swimming to Norway? They way you put that was too funny! But in all seriousness, as an overweight person doing Small World the last time I was in Disney, I don't know if it was because I was in the front, or what - but my legs felt really cramped and my knees were killing me. I don't think that had happened before.

texas211
02-15-2018, 06:43 PM
I think the size issues on FoP are ridiculous. This is a new ride, not one built 50 years ago. The people who made it should be very aware that people are getting bigger. My DDIL ran into that problem at Universal when we went. They handled it poorly, and she was left in tears. I promised my son that that would not occur at Disneyland, and he managed to talk her into finishing the trip with us at Disneyland. Now we may run into this problem at Disney World.

What is DDIL?

texas211
02-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Um....am I allowed to laugh about swimming to Norway? They way you put that was too funny! But in all seriousness, as an overweight person doing Small World the last time I was in Disney, I don't know if it was because I was in the front, or what - but my legs felt really cramped and my knees were killing me. I don't think that had happened before.

It was funny. You should laugh, else there is something wrong with you :)

Yeah, I'm big, so the knees thing too. Small World was obviously designed for the dolls to ride. Certainly no one over 5 ft tall.

Look forward to the avatar boat ride. I think of Disney, I think of dark rides. No dark rides, no disney in my mind and less interest. I don't always want to be dizzy or nauseated. Else, I'd just hit the resort bar harder.

Cinderelley
02-15-2018, 09:35 PM
What is DDIL?

Dear Daughter in law.

mom2morgan
02-16-2018, 06:15 PM
I don't always want to be dizzy or nauseated. Else, I'd just hit the resort bar harder.
:marg::sick::down:

texas211
02-16-2018, 08:42 PM
:marg::sick::down:

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

mom2morgan
02-17-2018, 09:52 PM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
LOL - I feel like you would be super-fun to vacation with ;-)

texas211
02-17-2018, 10:05 PM
I am who I am.