PDA

View Full Version : Jiko - Planning Question

snowflakegirl
02-11-2018, 12:09 PM
We have a trip planned to the World in August. One night during the trip my parents, who will be with us, are taking our kids for the evening, and my plan is to surprise DH with dinner to celebrate our anniversary at Jiko. We've never been before and he has mentioned several times how much he'd like to someday. Trying to figure out where I'm fitting this dinner into our plans... figuring on appetizers, entrees and desserts, about how long should I be budgeting for dinner? 2 hours?

Thanks!

Eponine178
02-11-2018, 03:00 PM
We were at Jiko for dinner last August and I would say plan at least 2 hours depending on what time you are going to dine. We had a 5pm reservation and the place was rather empty when we arrived. By the time we left, it was completely full and people were waiting for their reservations. We did drinks, apps and dinner (no dessert) and it took just barely under 2 hours. Nothing was rushed, nor did it take too long. Since you are thinking about dessert or if you are eating later when the restaurant is busier, you might want to plan 2.5 hours. You won't want to rush anyway! It is an amazing atmosphere and wonderful food. Enjoy! It is one of my favorite places.

Fangorn
02-11-2018, 04:47 PM
I agree with the 2 1/2 hour timeframe. You could go a bit under or over, depending, but it should be in that neighborhood. Enjoy the experience. You don't want to rush it.

Steve

VacationDisney
02-12-2018, 03:03 PM
I agree with allowing 2.5 hours for the dinner. It's a wonderful place. Great restaurant for just the two of you.

The place is rather expensive, but worth the price. I would say plan on spending $150 for dinner, including drinks.

Have a great time!

ThanxForNoticin
02-14-2018, 12:59 PM
Jiko is an excellent choice for an anniversary dinner. Enjoy your evening!

snowflakegirl
02-21-2018, 09:50 AM
Thanks everyone!

I'm excited. I have it reserved ... now I just have to keep it a secret until our anniversary when I can tell him the plans. :-)