PDA

View Full Version : Flight of Passage

andmomlau
02-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Husband and I will arrive on 4/22 and stay through 4/27. Getting close to the time to make our FP reservations and I have a question regarding FOP. We were there in November and at 7:00 AM on the day i could schedule, I logged in and tried to make FOP FP first....no luck for any day of our trip! We did wait in line to see it and it was wonderful, but standing in line, everyone around us said they made theirs with no trouble! Some actually had FP for every day of their trip!!! Can anyone tell me if it has gotten any easier to acquire FP for FOP? Or...what am I doing wrong? I’ve made our plans for years with no trouble!!!

Zippy 1
02-10-2018, 12:59 AM
If you are able to be flexible for when you want it you should be able to get it. We were just there in mid January. I was able to get a fastpass for the second to last day of the trip around 5 pm. it was one of the first fastpasses i looked for

magicofdisney
02-10-2018, 10:58 AM
I agree with Zippy 1, it should be the first FP you look for, for each day of your trip. I don't know how someone managed to get a FOP FP for everyday of their trip. I suspect they used some illegal form of witchcraft. ;)

Truth is, for the general population, this can be tough to snag. You just keep trying even if you're only a day out. I don't believe there's a special technique, just luck of the draw.

faline
02-10-2018, 11:36 AM
As a local, I have not been able to get a fastpass for this ride for any day trip I've taken to Animal Kingdom - of course, we only plan our trip a few days in advance at most.

For an upcoming stay, I was only able to get a fastpass on the day we check out and, at that, the fast pass is for an evening hour. It's still very hard to get so take any day/date you can grab.

sorcerer fan
02-10-2018, 03:43 PM
my daughter is there now and FOP is 2 hour stand by. she's been in line for an hour already

Buttercup
02-10-2018, 07:33 PM
I read some GREAT advice recently about getting FoP fastpasses.

60 Days from when YOUR first day of vacation comes up, you're able to make fastpasses for your entire trip, correct? So essentially you are trying to get a FoP fastpass for your first day, April 22nd, right?

Well, there are people who's trip is beginning BEFORE April 22nd - so their 60 day window opened up a while ago, and therefore they've already been able to scoop up all of the FoP Fastpasses for April 22nd.

So the advice I read was, try booking your FoP fastpasses for later in your trip. You're more likely to scoop those ones.

Hope that makes sense! I'm staying off site for my next trip, and even though I got up early at the 30 day mark, all the FoP are completely gone for me. Such is life I guess.

kathleen.talamantes.7
02-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Remember that you book on Florida time. I live in Idaho so we booked at 5:00 AM. We got fast passes for FoP. It is great. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PopPhan
02-11-2018, 10:50 PM
I read some GREAT advice recently about getting FoP fastpasses.

60 Days from when YOUR first day of vacation comes up, you're able to make fastpasses for your entire trip, correct? So essentially you are trying to get a FoP fastpass for your first day, April 22nd, right?

Well, there are people who's trip is beginning BEFORE April 22nd - so their 60 day window opened up a while ago, and therefore they've already been able to scoop up all of the FoP Fastpasses for April 22nd.

So the advice I read was, try booking your FoP fastpasses for later in your trip. You're more likely to scoop those ones.

Hope that makes sense! I'm staying off site for my next trip, and even though I got up early at the 30 day mark, all the FoP are completely gone for me. Such is life I guess.

This was my trick for my last visit. I started with my LAST day and worked backward. I was able to get FoP FP+ reservations for my last 3 days and I stopped trying after that. Actually only kept 2 of the ones I DID initially get and put the third back for someone else to get. The ones I kept were for later in the evening (7:30ish) and early in the morning (9:30ish)

Going to try the same thing for my late April trip.

andmomlau
02-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Thanks everyone! Yes I tried these tricks, starting with our last day and working backwards. For our last trip, in November, I was booking for a party of five and I’m thinking that may have made it more difficult!

ransam
02-14-2018, 05:26 PM
the minute your 60 day window comes up, book it. we got up at 5am, and all three of us tried, and only one got in. It's hard.