PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Shows

Disney24-7
02-08-2018, 02:34 PM
We will be at the parks for Mothers day this year. My mother wants to attend a special dinner show. Its a toss up between the Luao at The Polly or the Hoop-Dee-Do at Fort Wilderness. All the review I have found for both venues cancel each other out. I trust in my Intercot Family....so what are your suggestions? Do you know of anything else that may be done special for mothers day?

CynBeth
02-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Most people love HDDR but we prefer SOA.

sorcerer fan
02-08-2018, 05:26 PM
hddr is a lot more fun!

Cinderelley
02-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Well, I don't like the food at the Luau, but everyone's taste in food is different. As far as the shows, it depends on what your mother likes. HDDR reminds me of Hee Haw, but it is constant entertainment. I find the Luau to be slow and boring until the end when the guy comes out with the fire.

Maybe the Garden Rocks dining package. Don Felder from the Eagles will be playing that day. A fireworks dessert package? What about a photography session with all of her children (if they are in the area)? A spa day? A day where she gets to act like a kid again, get balloons, pick out the rides, get her own Mickey hat, get a caricature drawn, etc.

joanna71985
02-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Hoop! It's my favorite place on property

andmomlau
02-09-2018, 08:18 PM
We have also been to both, and while both are enjoyable, I’d have to say the Hoop-Dee-Doo is much more entertaining! I think she’d love it...

mydisneygirls
02-11-2018, 08:59 AM
We love the Hoop Dee Doo and go pretty much every visit. We always have a great time and it always keeps us laughing!